Gougers hit the N99 Mask Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jan 27, 2020.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I found an article on microwaving the mask for reuse.
    They were not specific but confused with a lot of technical data but indicated that it was possible.
    They mention the use of an autoclave like hospitals use, but I thought that one could use a pressure cooker pretty much the same way.
    My other recommendation is to treat the mask, face and hands with colloidal silver.
    Remember too, that the clothes you wear are gathering bacteria as well.

Gator 45/70 and 3cyl like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I've been thinking about a routine to follow to greatly reduce exposure at work and the chance of bringing the Wuhan Flu home. The old saying, "less is more", is wrong "less is less"! Reducing the amount of stuff that I carry to and from work will be key to my plan. #1- Use mask, gloves and goggles.
    #2- Don't touch your face.
    #3- Wash hands often and for at least 30 seconds.
    #4- Limit the stuff in your pockets...minimum number of keys, and no remotes, fobs, lights, etc.; no wallet, just a driver's license and credit card; cell or smart phone, but only inside of a sealed plastic bag; etc.
    #5- NO jewelry.
    #6- No jackets, hats, scarfs, gloves, etc.
    #7- No t-shirts or anything that is pull-on/ pull-off.
    #8- No money...nothing!
    #9- Nothing to eat or drink! I don't plan on eating or drinking anything while outside of my house. Eat and drink just before you leave and you should be good for the shift. Remember, to eat or drink requires you to remove your mask and touch your face.
    #10- Carry a spray bottle of alcohol and spray EVERYTHING before you touch it...car door handle (inside and out), steering wheel, gear shifter, turn signal, wiper control, radio knobs and buttons, seat and floor mats, climate controls, etc., the mailbox, your home door knobs (inside and out)....the list is endless!

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@Wildbilly
    Use bleach on your TP (before only )
    Protect both ends !!!!!
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I don't know about bleach, maybe alcohol....?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Dang...I read that as cougars...:oops:

Where is my mind? Queue The Pixies...

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm planning on #1 having a foot-bath in the garage that I will step into; #2 spray the tops of my shoes and remove them; #3 step on to a bed sheet and remove my clothes, masks, goggles and gloves;#4 gather up the sheet and place in washing machine;#5 wash my clothes;#6 take a shower.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Was in Home depot yesterday,Lady working the paint section was telling me that they are no longer receiving face masks
    from China and are running out....Figured I'd pass on this tidbit of information.

Cruisin Sloth, mysterymet and oldawg like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Check Napa auto parts,I just bought twenty N95 mask for less than $16.00.
    [flag]

10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Check out non-traditional outlets, like auto parts stores, paint stores, small pharmacies and home healthcare businesses, military surplus stores, businesses that sell hospital scrubs, etc., but HURRY!!

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have bought 0 and plan to buy 0 more.

Homer Simpson and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

That's good cause there aren't any to be had for love or money! However, you might be able to get some slightly used/ almost new masks on Ebay.:sick:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Then just nuke them with UV Light for an hour or so, and you are Good to Go....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was wondering if placing them in a freezer for several hours might do the same?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

Freezer doesn’t kill germs on food items just stops them from multiplying so no I would say use UV or another form of disinfectant and then freeze them if u want to.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Just use C2H4O.
    Lots of it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. BTPost

There are three different Compounds that are C2H4O.... Which one are you referring to? I am most familiar with Ethylene Oxide... Don’t know much aboutthe other two... Acetaldehyde and Ethenol....

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The more interesting one.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Saw a vid where a guy said that placing a used mask in a zip-lock bag and exposing it to a few hours of sunlight will do the job.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. BTPost

Not sure of the opacity to UV of the ZipLock Bag plastic... many Plastics do not pass UV very well and that would increase the time in DIRECT Sunlight required... 30 minutes of illumination in a Box with a UV Lamp certainly will kill all viruses...

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7