Government Backdoor 'Kill Switch' for Cars

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Jan 20, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Hidden on Page 403 of Infrastructure Law Is a Mandate for a Government Backdoor 'Kill Switch' for Cars

When it comes to the manufacturing and use of automobiles, the U.S. government enforces a long list of regulations.

In the name of safety, federal law requires that all new automobiles include seat belts, air brake systems, airbags and so on.

Thanks to the massive infrastructure bill passed in November and signed into law by President Joe Biden, the government soon will be enforcing a new regulation — one that gives federal authorities the ability to shut off your vehicle at any time.

Buried on page 403 of the legislation, the provision requires “advance drunk and impaired driving prevention technology” to be built into all new cars.

This technology will be able to “passively monitor the performance” of all drivers, suggesting this system will be on at all times.

Hidden on Page 403 of Infrastructure Law Is a Mandate for a Government Backdoor 'Kill Switch' for Cars

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Total control is what they're after ,, and they're getting closer and closer.

3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

How long before some smart lad figures out how to remove these things, and maybe the GPS tracker too?

ditch witch, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

That would be the first thing i would remove. Didn't see any government legalize saying you couldn't. Had a 89 Doge Dakota truck took all the guberment mandated pollution control crap off --ran great got better gas milage lasted over 360,000 miles engine wore out.

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Won't affect existing cars or cars made before the technology can be developed and operationalized. By that time most of us will be living in cars we can't afford to fuel.

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL! This is brilliant! You got to hand it to them as they are thinking ahead. In the case of civil disturbance or even insurrection you don't need to take out the transportation system. Using this in conjunction to jamming comms and you got military multiplier, adversary can't move or communicate to counter you. Brilliant! I bet you can't remove it either...

It will be interesting to see how they explain its necessity. I bet it will have something to do with Law Enforcement.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

They sell replacement engines. It's cheaper and more fun to restore a car you like than to buy a new one!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Been out since 2016 and later , 2014 on Euro GPS or what we call SPA cars
    MY TRADE !
    TECH

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I tried to find a replacement engine just none available at the time --chevy or ford no problem.Just remembered I was at Lowes on day and a guy had my year Dakota total rust bucket but the engine sounded good, tried to get the guy to sell it no dice my truck not aspect of rust.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I have a 1978 Firebird, that needs restoration, it was my first car and holds a lot of memories for me. Riding around with my friends, and sex with my first serious girlfriend. Concerning the latter, the interior is too small and cramped, but the hood and the trunk are excellent!
    I also have a 1974 WV Super Beetle, a 1978 MGB, a 1980-something pick-up (needs a new trannie),and I regularly drive a 1996 Buick Roadmaster. I like older cars, and with after-market replacement part and engine rebuild kits, I can keep them running for many years to come! Hell, I could make the fuel if I had to!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7