Government pre approval

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fedorthedog, Jan 7, 2016.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

My mind went wandering again and when it returned the question of why the second amendment is the only issue that required government pre approval.

I can buy a car without their permission and It only needs to license it if it will be on a public road. I don't even have to have a drivers license.

I can get married in a church without a license, the gov wont recognize it but its between me and god anyway.

They don't get to edit what I write or chose where I go in this country. I don't need their permission to leave, only that of the place I seek to go.

They limit access to some medicine, but again if needed a doctor I pay for decides and does not have to ask.

So how did we allow this one issue oversight to occur?

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Because they called it "common sense" and made the majority of the mindless followers in America believe that if they didn't agree with that, then they had no common sense.

It is about control, it is about playing mind games with the population and it is about power.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This is how America is being manipulated...the Asch Paradigm

Mountainman likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Because we will shoot their ass, if we dislike their tyrannical boot on our neck. ;)

Motomom34, Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Because so many people...even those with guns and who purport to believe in what the 2nd Amendment says will still ask you "Well, you wouldn't want just anyone to have one would you?".

IMO, if a person can't be trusted with a gun, they can't be trusted to walk the street...

JMO/YMMV

[peep]

gundog10, chimo, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  6. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Like I keep saying, it is CONTROL.

You have a RIGHT TO TRAVEL, but VOLUNTARILY get a drivers license so you put YOURSELF under their CONTROL.

You have a GOD GIVEN, UNALIENABLE RIGHT to keep and bear arms, but when you got that SS# you VOLUNTARILY put YOURSELF under their CONTROL.

Get a gov't check? SS, SSI, mailman, garbageman, sew worker, etc, etc,? Then you are a Toby on the Plantain and you SIGNED UP for be one.

7. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I sometimes--no, usually--no, often--no, ALWAYS get an, uh...adverse...reaction when I point out that the 2nd Amendment has NO Constitutional limitations of any kind.

None.

Accordingly, it is our collective right to keep and bear ANY weapon that we can build, borrow, or buy.

And that includes crazy people, felons, children, and people other people just plain don't like.

There's nothing in the Constitution that prevents a two year old child from owning a machine gun. Or a cannon. Or a flame thrower.

Likewise, we are ALL entitled by our Creator (not the Constitution which merely restates our natural God-given right) to keep and bear guns, knives, thermonuclear weapons, and weaponized biotoxins. Plus tanks, jet fighters, ICBMs, and any and/or every other such weapon that we can build, borrow, or buy, as well.

That really scares the liberals. And the alleged conservatives, too.

Most "supporters" of the 2nd Amendment automatically limit it according to their prejudices in regard to weapon types and the people who should be allowed to have them. A person who supports an abridged 2nd Amendment does not support the 2nd Amendment at all.

People freak when I suggest that first graders should pack heat on their hips when they go to school.

Given that it is and always has been a responsibility of parents to teach their children the safe and proper handling of firearms, I don't see a real problem with that. It certainly came in handy for Davy Crockett, who kilt him a b'ar when he wuz only three (or so the story goes).

I can't think of a faster way to end schoolyard bullying, abusive teachers, and active shooters on schoolgrounds. And it certainly would make for polite behavior in our Halls of Learning.

Iszit whacko?? Think about it in detail before you decide. Can a three-year-old be trained in gun safety and proper use by the age of six? Yes. Two-year old children in the Amazon rain forest can build and maintain fires with no adult assistance whatsoever.

The little guys can learn to do just about anything that's really important by the age of six.

Should the teacher be packing heat, too? You betcha. And the janitor, too.

What about flamethrowers in spelling class? Clumsy. perhaps, but permitted under the Constitution--and a right not to be infringed.

Of course, little Becky would probably just carry a .22 Magnum like everyone else in class just to avoid being unpopular. And because flame throwers are heavy, and look clunky. And smell like napalm.

Twirling in class, obviously, would be Constitutionally permissible, but frankly gauche and would therefore be eschewed by the socially adroit. (Nobody wants to look like an idiot. Twirling would be reserved for the extra-credit Western Gunplay classes.)

And, of course, every grade school should have a suitable gun range with enough stations to insure that even students with inept parents were properly trained in the practical handling and use of firearms, as well as classes to properly instruct the children in the rights and responsibilities of gun ownership.

Could I be wrong in this? Let's try it for forty years and see. It might be a refreshing change for the better.

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

there it is.

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Actually, flamethrowers are not restricted at all, (last I checked) but used run about $9, 000.00. Cannon are not restricted, either, except as where it can be fired. (Inside city limits, just like firearms)and neither requires any permits, that I am aware of.

UncleMorgan and Legion489 like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't know about flamethrowers, but cannon are regulated as destructive devices.

UncleMorgan and BTPost like this.
  11. kellory

They're used for decoration around here. I could be wrong on cannon but I checked into flames thrower years ago. I thought it was Ludacris that I had rules for knives , but none for flamethrowers. (Of course, it may changed by now, so do your own due diligence.)

UncleMorgan likes this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

There is a company that sells hand held personal flame throwers . It is the XM42 and is under $1000 i think. As of yet no federals laws against it. There may be laws in your state.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  13. kellory

They make simple propane flamers for weed control is well

UncleMorgan likes this.
  14. ghrit

You are not wrong about cannon as decorations and displays, but they have been disabled in some fashion to permit them to be so used. Bores welded shut or similar ways to make them inoperative so they don't require a DD permit.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  15. kellory

Pretty obvious when they weld the bore shut or fill it with concrete.
    The one in front of the Highway Patrol is pretty thing, but it might have been disabled in an unexpected way. Though two I know of, were recovered from a shipwreck. Their bores and touch holes are intact and clear. They would need only trucks and wheels to be active. (Though I doubt I would want to be the man to touch either one off)

UncleMorgan likes this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As a kid, I played on a 105mm towed Howitzer, that lived on the lawn of the American Legion Hall in my neighborhood. It was DeMIL'ed by having the Breach Welded Shut, and a Plate welded over the Muzzle... They had encased the Tires in concrete Blocks, so some fool couldn't tow it away.... It was purchased by that Group after WWII, and last time I was in Seattle, it was still there, with a fresh coat of Army Green.....

VisuTrac likes this.
  17. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

It scares all the statists.

The statists have the majority of people convinced that the only two sides in this fight are left & right or liberal & conservative. That's complete bunk. The actual sides are tyranny & liberty. One cannot be a little statist. Either you're a statist or you aren't. If you find yourself at the poles checking a box you aren't for liberty. There's no wiggle room what-so-ever. If you accept that your team has authority to set restrictions for the other team you're a statist. Statism is just a piss poor excuse to wield violence against one's enemies. And wield it they do. With murder in their hearts.

chimo likes this.
  18. kellory

all of which was obvious, even to a child. Nothing obvious on this one. (Might be poured down the barrel, but it's not visible.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  19. ghrit

I dare say that a flashlight down the barrel will reveal whether or not some dummy might be tempted to try it out. Maybe even a stick that can reach past the touch hole. Check it out and let us know when the firing test will take place.

20. kellory

Different cannon. Diffent mechanism. And as I already said.... "Though two I know of, were recovered from a shipwreck. Their bores and touch holes are intact and clear. They would need only trucks and wheels to be active. (Though I doubt I would want to be the man to touch either one off)" these guard the entrance to an apartment complex. The pretty one is across town, and more modern. (With no visible disabling devices.)

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Yard Dart
  4. tacmotusn
  5. Tully Mars
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. GOG
  9. Yard Dart
  10. bmtm09
  11. Yard Dart
  12. marlas1too