Grammar Nazi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

524384_403806262984275_130810663617171_1299686_1651826293_n.
    524384_403806262984275_130810663617171_1299686_1651826293_n.

UGRev and Brokor like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

LOL! I think it's one of the reasons I hate YouTube comments. There are so many cases of grammatical vomit, I simply cannot read most of them.

My personal favorite: "Your an idiot, you moran!" [wannamesswitme]

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Sometimes it can be fun correcting a grammar Nazi...
    After they go through the "a and an" class, I ask but why is it "an hour?" LOL

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Granted education is the key ones advancement in most cases in todays world, but for me it is not high on my list for personal irritation in any interaction in todays society. There are so many other ignored or otherwise tolerated problems to consider. Most Americans would be considered ignorant on a world level just because they are not multi-lingual. The US Government is tops on my list of things that seem impossible to change, or hold accountable within the guidelines of the Constitution, that truly rubs my rubarb.
    Please note the correct spelling of this particular plant is R H U B A R B. I have been corrected. I refuse to edit what I wrote in this case. My point is; it was close enough to be understood. Obviously, I am not the only soul ever confused on this spelling .... What We Do or Miscrits - Miscripedia - Rubarb or Beatport or St. Vincent de Paul Adult Learning Center New Orleans: RUBARB, Literacy*AmeriCorps at the Sankofa Market in the Lower Nine I could go on and on ..... I rest my case

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol: That would be "rhubarb."

EOD1951 and tacmotusn like this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I bow to the E-6 Sewerpipe sailor [kneelsuckers] . As top Gramar Nazi at Monkey who ignores the errors of some, he may kindly kiss this [kissit].

7. ghrit

hehehehe. Never troll bait in front of something you don't want to catch.

tacmotusn likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It may also be a question, meaning...aRe yoU BARBara?

9. ghrit

Or an infield fight.

10. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

this is how.

EOD1951 and chelloveck like this.
  11. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I added the word you left out of this sentence. :lol:

tacmotusn likes this.
  12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Why thank you sir. Sh it happens. Typos happen all the time. Some are intentional for various reasons, others are not. I never claimed to be perfect. In fact, I can not even walk on water.

13. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

walking on water is easy, just make sure it is frozen first

BTPost and kellory like this.
  14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Hay guys are ewe just their too beet up Tac?

tulianr, ColtCarbine and RightHand like this.
  15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Far be it for me to obsess upon grammatical correctness, let alone political correctness; attention to the minutae of punctuation can, however, improve the clarrity of what is being written! ;)

One cannot go past Gertrude Stein's take on punctuation. Pages 7 - 10 of the .pdf file at
    http://epc.buffalo.edu/authors/goldsmith/works/stein.pdf illustrates Ms Stein's application of punctuation very clearly. [gone]

16. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

;) Alright already. I readily admit my two finger typing while looking at the keys, (the only way I can type), accelerates the number of errors I make. That coupled with the fact that I am easily excitable when putting to print something I am passionate about, and not having control over my mind generating thoughts at about 1 million miles per hour, all the while I am two finger typing at less than ten words per minute. I attempt to catch as many errors as I can before clicking on post, but alas, some always seem to slip by unnoticed. Feel free to quote me, and by all means call attention to my errors in that quote with bright red print as you see fit. It bothers me about as much as a gnat. It only makes me numb where I sit. You may also kiss my numb mass.;)

chelloveck, Mountainman and tulianr like this.
  17. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Wow Tac you can use TWO fingers? I'm still using just one,of course at my age I don't think any faster than that anyway.;)

tacmotusn likes this.
  18. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The mind speeds ahead and, in an effort to keep up before the thoughts vanish like cigarette smoke rising through a ray of sunlight, the fingers race across the keyboard like a stone skipping across the surface of the lake water. Typing is not always a full contact sport!

chelloveck likes this.
  19. ColtCarbine

I hope you know I was just screwing with you considering the thread topic ;)

chelloveck likes this.
  20. ColtCarbine

Why not, as long as the tide does not turn and backlash at myself. Yanking somebodies chain can be fun.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7