Grammar Nazi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 22, 2012.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I know that. I just felt that post 12 and 16 were neccessary to give back a little of what I was getting. No one is upset here.

ColtCarbine and chelloveck like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

If I were to attack any post on any thread with numerous errors and quote them and highlight their errors I could probably start a riot or drive some folks away. I have no desire to do that, and I won't, but the fact remains that errors abound.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Monkey see, monkey do.;)

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I didn't imagine that you were upset or offended. We all make errors, and in the making, most can generally comprehend what was written. I have a terrible habit of using interminable compound sentences, which would be much simpler and more comprehendable if I edited them by parsing them, and then re-writing in simpler language. My comments in post #15 were as much a tongue in cheek critique of my own idiosyncrasies, as it was a gentle stirring of you tac.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Grammar nazis are quick to correct "a" and "an" mistakes; explaining all about vowels and consonants. Ask them why it is a hour rather than an hour or a user rather than an user and post a link..
    Purdue OWL: How to Use Articles (a/an/the)

That is in American English; I am not sure about the King's version. ;)

I rate people more on being a good person than having good grammar.

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Frankly Scarlet, "I don't give a damn!"

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Frankly, I'm with whoever said that.

I'm Southern so unless it is a "good or evil" situation; no one is better than others.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Clark Gable, as Rett Butler, in "Gone With the Wind." download (2).

tacmotusn likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7