Grand Solar Minimum and Survival

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deMolay, Dec 24, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

More "news"

A major Greenland glacier that was one of the fastest shrinking ice and snow masses on Earth is growing again, a new NASA study finds. The Jakobshavn (YA-cob-shawv-en) glacier around 2012 was retreating about 1.8 miles (3 kilometers) and thinning nearly 130 feet (almost 40 meters) annually. But it started growing again at about the same rate in the past two years, according to a study in Monday’s Nature Geoscience.
    (BTW- the rag is a big pusher of AGW)

Study authors and outside scientists think this is temporary. - Of course they would. I'm sure "Temporary" is no more than say, 50 years or so....

2. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

It looks like the Grand Solar Minimum is running true to form. As the sun goes quiet, the upper atmosphere cools, the weakened solar magnetic field allows more cosmic radiation to penetrate the earth's magnetosphere. Which in turn seeds the clouds with rain and snow. The cooling affects earths wind and ocean currents causing flood and unseasonable weather. Moisture and drought in the wrong places at the wrong time for agriculture. The great floods in the Midwest have wiped out 1 million calves in just Nebraska alone. No body is talking about this in the msm but it is a disaster. Expect food prices to sky rocket. In one of my posts I speculated what would happen if the US could not supply grain for Foreign Aid. Maybe that time has arrived early. The experts are saying many areas will not be able to plant this year at all. Maybe one of greatest ever for agriculture in the USA. The World’s Greatest Agricultural Disaster : Cold Climate Change

DuxDawg likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well, that is terrible....I would suggest the opposite....the pestilential carrier should be locked in with their family and no family member (or dwelling occupant)may leave their dwelling until all members of the family (dwelling) have, after an appropriate period of quarantine, tested negative to the virus (or perhaps are dead)...a blue cross should be daubed on the family's dwelling front door to warn Jehova's Witnesses that witnessing to that household may be a health hazard.

Black Death quarantine: how did we try to contain the most deadly disease in history?

Alternatively they should be invited to attend a TRump rally, or an armed lock down protest....to offer their solidarity....every TRumpian gathering needs its own Typhoid Mary :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Inside Eyam, a 17th-century English village that became one of the most remarkable cases of self-quarantine in history

4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Would you gentlemen please take a break on politics... we dont need political satire on every post do we? The same with fear mongering? Please try to develop a little dignity in public so the rest of us can read a post without the continuous political commentary. I promise we are all aware of your politics

5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Try reporting the posts you think are misplaced. Might be a staffie around that can address your concerns. Or just ignore them.

6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I’d hate to have to ignore Chell because I enjoy all of his non political posts. I wish the politics would stay in the political threads and outside the survival threads!

Ganado, Merkun and SB21 like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It makes you wonder why the virus is on the decline but the powers to be keep rolling out more restrictive, invasive and some times more radical polices.

mysterymet, DuxDawg and SB21 like this.
  8. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

Because they feel they can get away with it.... And they will until they get their personal fingers burnt...

DuxDawg and oil pan 4 like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is the same with ANY .Gov Issue.... If a little is good, then twice as much has gots to be Four Times BETTER, for the Masses..... .Govs can not do anything more than Pass New Laws & Spend more Money...

TnAndy likes this.
  10. DKR

This solar cycle will be much like the last. We had the first flare today (An "M": Class event) with a related CME - all pointing away from Erf
    This time.

So, conventional wisdom goes, we should have another ~5 to 6 years to prepare for the coming Little Ice Age.

I'm looking at property near Ding Dong Texas (yes, it is a real place) and other proerty on the edge of Hill Country., Bell County.

Plus side, near Ft Hood.
    Down side, near Ft Hood (~8 miles)

lots of trees
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    electricity in the area as well.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ding-dong-tx/76542/daily-weather-forecast/2147460

lowest temp recoded as -2C

DING DONG, TEXAS. Ding Dong is on the Lampasas River eight miles south of Killeen in southwestern Bell County. In 1979 it had a church and several scattered dwellings, and in 1990 and 2000 it had a population of twenty-two. (DING DONG, TX | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA))

DuxDawg likes this.
  11. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"Amen" said the choir..............

12. TinyDreams

TinyDreams Monkey++

I am looking for land in the north central plains area. Figure maybe land prices are going to drop since nobody is buying.

13. DKR

In this case, it is an area peggest by the Ice Age farmer guy as worth a look.

On a full time river -so a high local aquifer year around.

Elevation - 722 MSL - not so cold in the winter, and hopefully warmer than most places come the really cold weather

in 1816 - the year without a summer, Texas weather is unknown as the Indians didn't keep records back then.... However, where it was recorded, it was record cold, and major flooding along the Mississippi.....

DuxDawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7