Grandpa Patch

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Grandpa Patch, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Hello everyone. I am new to this message board, prepping, the idea of getting my family ready for things that can possibly happen due to "Mother Nature" and other problems that can rise from civil issues.

I have carried, and still do, some form of basic EDC (Every Day Carry) items for all of my adult life. Only recently, within the last year, have I started to really pay attention to the weight, space and utility of what I carry. For a major part of my life (with the exception of the Marine Corps where I had to carry way too much) a Mag-Lite, Leatherman, and handgun was the extent of my EDC. Leathermans have turned into Gerber and newer Leathermans plus a few OPMT's (One Piece Multi Tool), my handgun list has changed a bit and some small but useful things have all been added to a belt pouch (minus handgun) that goes everywhere I go (almost). Almost is due to various areas, zones or government buildings that restrict/prohibit weapons.

Then of course there is the "No Weapons Allowed" signs that are popping up just about everywhere. These posted signs constitute a "Reasonable Request" so even a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) permit is useless in these areas. I live in Arizona, which is an open carry and concealed without permit allowed state, and still I can't walk into McDonald's due to these signs. My attitude towards businesses that have these signs posted is "If I can't carry my weapon, then I can't carry my wallet either."

Anyways, a simple Google search and I found this (and many others that I didn't join) message board. I am looking forward to meeting the members, gathering as much information as possible that is applicable to me and hopefully be able to share some things that I have learned in life.

Motomom34, Dont, tacmotusn and 7 others like this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Welcome about the signs bad guys not going to do it why should we know what I mean.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome Aboard!
    You can carry where ever the hell you darn well please, no sign carries the force of law, the most that can happen is you get "trespassed" and asked to leave! I do it constantly, and have never had issues of any kind! Remember, Concealed means CONCEALED! I carry Two pistols and a large fixed blade knife, a small folder, and a multi tool about me person, and no one knows it! I also live is a less free state, and so this becomes a more important consideration!

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree... We have plenty of branches to sit on and plenty to see... We have lots of Good Folks here’bouts, and lots to puruse as you may desire... The Admins & Mods are friendly and helpful, mostly, so take a good look around and ask any questions that come to mind...

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Very much welcome, here! sounds like you are where I was 5 years ago...

7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Howdy from Texas

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to the tree... grab a branch and enjoy the neighbor hood... BTW there are no zoning restrictions ...

9. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Welcome and be welcome

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Ditto.

11. Witch Doctor 01

Don't try it on a federal facility....

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Or in New York City......

sec_monkey, Grandpa Patch and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[welcomeLG]
    [feedmods]
    And ignore the rabble rousers. (Yes, we have some, but they are OURS!!)

14. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

sec_monkey and Grandpa Patch like this.
  15. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Rabble rousers? Where? Hey welcome to the Monkey Tree. You should fit right in. You did vote for Obama twice, and then Hillary in 2016, Right? ................ Just kidding. [LMAO][sarc1] BTW, do not pull Gator's finger! Have you seen some of the things those crazy CAJUNS eat?

16. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Thanks for the welcome everyone! AND....as far as what I carry, when I carry it or where I carry it....check out my signature line...replace paddle with....howitzer, bazooka, BFK (Big F'n Knife), squirt pistol.....whatever you can think of! [seeno][hearno][sayno]

17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Hey...what's wrong with mudbugs and alligator?

Welcome aboard!

Ura-Ki, sec_monkey and Grandpa Patch like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Nothing.... It's the other things....;)

Ura-Ki, sec_monkey and Grandpa Patch like this.
  19. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't rouse any rabbles...I just ruffle feathers...it's a sometimes unappreciated occupation here. :rolleyes:

Welcome, @Grandpa Patch. Anyone who is a george Carlin aficionado, is welcome here....just read and abide by the site CoC though...Resource - Site Rules | Code of Conduct

sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey @Grandpa Patch !!! [alien]
    BYOB- Bring Your Own Bananas!!!

sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly