Gratitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VHestin, Nov 12, 2016.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

With Thanksgiving not that far away, I wondered what everyone is grateful for this year. I'm grateful that we live in a place where rioting is a non-issue, that our biggest food 'problem' is trying to find room to store it all, and that I'm finally a published author. And that soon there will be lots of (holiday) candy on sale! :)

2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Hillary is not president elect.

3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I'm a part of the greatest trade in the world. IBEW trained. There's a lot of other things as well. Like my dog. [afro]

4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Nice thread,
    Congats on being published!

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

IBEW also , PLUS many others .
    Still above the Datum of dirt

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Still upright, breathing, and taking nourishment! Still have my health and my boys are doing well in the service's, the doggies are happy and healthy, and the Wife still puts up with me, and is still my best Gal! Oh yea, Holiday Food, Gotta love the smoked, honey and clove cured ham! Gotta have my Pig!!!

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I am thankful for the election going in such a direction to probably prevent me from having to prove my adherence to the "from my cold, dead hands" philosophy in the next year.

I am thankful for my wife who kept me nearly sane for 30+ years...and that it apparently took well enough that I am still happy to be alive 2 years after her death, in spite of very much missing her companionship.

I am thankful for my canine partner who is my constant companion and the best friend an old guy could have.

I am thankful that I am on good terms with most of my kids, all of my grandkids and to once again have a baby to watch (albeit mostly long distance) grow in the person of my first great granddaughter who will be 1 year old in December. Also that I have good friends (including a few on The Monkey) that keep life interesting.

Mostly I am thankful that I wake up every morning and I know I will never have to go to work again unless it is something I want to do...and I am still able to do most of the things I do want to do.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Most happy to have my health and thankful that my family is well and secure. I feel better post election but I still fear for our country and pray our internal issues are resolved with the prosperity promised.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My children, always my children come first to mind. I am so grateful for our good health, my employment and that we have a roof over our heads. I am thankful and grateful that my Dad survived his surgery and is still with me today.

I also want to let my fellow monkeys to know how grateful I am for having them in my life. The friendship and strength some of you have given me throughout this year, I cherish.

10. rockriver

rockriver Monkey+

the little place out from town that the Lord allowed us to get. thankful for the work that is needed to maintain it and improve it, as the work will help keep me healthy!
    and my new "main" website and all the monkeys! lol. I love the name... if someone knows where I could go to find the beginning history of this site, i'd be thankful for that too!

11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

the great spirit gave me another year to see my family well and happy

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Gratitude comes form appreciation considering the alternative.
    There re a great many things I am grateful for, large and small .
    It would be difficult to list it all much less in priority one over another .
    God has intervened for me every day and for that i am most thankful .
    Friends have contributed to my existence, and it is a blessing to help with others as well.
    I am thankful for this site and those that support it.
    I am ,like others, glad for the election results , and as others, curious to see what really transpires.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am thankful for a Wonderful Wife, Living Children & GrandChildren, a quiet Place to Live, Well stocked Freezers, Loaded Firewood Shed, Full Tank Farm, and that Hitlory is NOT President-Elect.....

Oh yea, A GOD that Loves Me.....

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Bump! Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Some will be gathering with family and friends and some will spend a quiet day at home. This is a time that we should all be reflecting about the good stuff and cherishing what we have. Gratitude: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. They say kindness catches, so pass it on.

15. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I am also grateful I found ink cartridges for our printer, one black and one color, for $5.90 including shipping on Amazon. Hard to find just one cartridge for less than $20.

Motomom34, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Is it crawfish season yet?

Lol, I would like to echo what all have said above! Great bunch here!!!

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I am grateful for whoever paid for our breakfast at the local diner this morning.

Pax Mentis likes this.
  18. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I'm grateful the .GOV corporate empire isn't kicking Native Americans around any more...
    dakota. Crap.

I'm grateful the corporate oligarchy isn't confiscating land from white people at least...
    oregon. Damn.

Well, at least the police state has calmed down a bit...
    wyoming. Doh.

Never mind. Here's a pretty picture to show my appreciation that we still have a beautiful planet...
    scenic.

Try to ignore stuff like this:
    spill.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Gonna try and keep this thread going on year round, because no matter what, I think there's always something to be grateful for. And if people think there is too much negativity in the world, seems to me the answer is to be that much more positive. Even if you have problems, you have the intelligence to recognize they are problems, instead of being clueless, like people who keep driving on with flat tires, thinking it's the road(in our defense, it was in winter, and there was so much snow/ice on the road, there was no obvious issue until we got to the gas station and one of the employees pointed it out). Maybe a better aka less personal example would be people who think ignore hurricane/tornado warnings until their lives are in jeopardy, wondering why no one told them there was danger...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7