Grave diggers (shovels)

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by hot diggity, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Tully Mars and Meat like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

if you're going to be digging a grave or a latrine hole or a veggie/fruit cellar >>>> better have a few different pickaxes to go with the shovels ... in addition - not alot of need around here dealing with rocks - but a good pry bar will save some grief along with a few shovel handles ....

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Interesting to note.
    An older friend of mine as a kid, 1910- 1920 worked for has dad in a coal mine , actually his work was top side, handling the elevator and steam equipment and sharpening the tools as they came up with the load during the day .
    One of the reasons the pick ax has a handle that easily comes off is that it was not sharpened on a grinder but re forged using the boiler's Furnas and anvil to sharpness, quenched and sent back down in the empty cart .
    In those days you did not waste any thing ,especially the metal from sharpening.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My mawmaw said she would like to be placed in an open field and let the buzzards eat her.
    That way she maintained she could fly over her enemy's heads....and crap on them!!!

SB21, oldawg, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

All I’d like is a pyramid.

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think that in my last days, I'd rather be killed and eaten by a grizzly bear ,up in Alaska some where in the far north .

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Hey good news, your governments already got ya covered!

9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Buzzards are efficient, but terribly slow. I watched four of them working on a relatively fresh cat kill. They left at sundown and returned in the morning. Took four of them most of the morning and into the afternoon to finish a ten pound cat. They can also be fickle, and abandon a carcass or not touch one at all. Pussums are more thorough, and I've never known them to leave anything from a cat carcass. I've never seen them try to tackle a bigger meal, and who wants to be slowly picked over by a possum.

1. chelloveck
  2. SB21
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

Farm Blacksmithing 1921

[ATTACH] [IMG]
    Posted By: Asia-Off-Grid, Sep 4, 2018 in category: Blacksmithing
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid