Great Eclipse 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imasham, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Since we are in the survival & SHTF business here at the monkey, I thought I would share. Local radio in the Denver Metro was reporting today that due to the influx of people into Wyoming for the eclipse and since they only have 600 gas stations, tankers are standing by with gas. It really made my think it SHTF, we would be in serious trouble.

Homer Simpson and Seawolf1090 like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For sure, the eclipse fan folks are single minded and have not thought it out past feeling lucky to have found a place to sleep and view.. 90% will be looking for gas to get home, and won't find it. Whether or not the rest of us will be hanging out, well, it is scenario dependent. Those of us that have the bases covered, one madhouse weekend and following part of a week will be pretty routine for those of us that hang out at home.

I've gotta think that traffic jams will be MSM features late Sunday, Monday, maybe even well into Tuesday, and that is if no opportunistic fly gets into the ointment.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

When something like this is going on, I don't dare get on the highway. Glad I am well out of the Crazy Zone.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7