Green River knife

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Coyote Ridge, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Coyote Ridge

Coyote Ridge Monkey

This classic knife is still a viable option today. Man, what a slicer.

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  2. 4x4

4x4 In the Basket of Deplorables

If you want to customize your own a little trackofthewolf.com sells the blanks at reasonable prices. They also sell other brands that might fit your bill. They also sell the other things needed to assemble the entire knife if you do not wish to make your own from scratch.

Coyote Ridge likes this.
  3. Coyote Ridge

Coyote Ridge Monkey

I would like to try to put my own together. I was debating on getting one of the nicer ones with either the maple handles or bone handles. Been dreaming about one of the Woodsteel/ Junkyard Fox Snake Eaters.

4x4 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. 4x4

4x4 In the Basket of Deplorables

It's not too difficult to make your own scales and assemble everything. The knife blanks are already done and the tang is drilled. You can prematurely age them to form a beautiful patina. Brass works really well to peen the handle on. Get some curly maple and stain it with aqua fortis then some boiled linseed oil and you will have a beautiful knife. Making your own sheath is super easy and completely customizable. You will certainly be very proud of it when you are done.

SB21, Coyote Ridge and Seawolf1090 like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. AgentPickle
  3. AgentPickle
  4. chelloveck
  5. Gator 45/70
  6. OlDiceGames
  7. Hanzo
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Prepsteader13
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Alanaana