Greetings from a new monkey

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jameshusum, Oct 17, 2020.

1. jameshusum

jameshusum Monkey

Thanks for all the welcomes.

As a point of clarification, I don't expect the total devastation doom and gloom of a zombpocalypse to happen. If it does I figure the world is pretty screwed in such an extreme event. But for anything short of that - pandemics, financial collapse, major weather events, etc. - if things go horribly wrong, I'd rather have a bunch of people with a Rick mentality (let's survive and do what we can to rebuild faster to get to some semblance of a sustainable life) than a Neegan mentality (grab everything you can for yourself, be a total weasel, take from those who are actually doing the work to make things sustainable). So, more Ricks, less Neegans.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

This isn't the normal Monkey?????

upload_2020-10-18_12-54-31.

upload_2020-10-18_12-55-18.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Freewheeler likes this.
  4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

yall is doin it the wong way .. .. lol lol

5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

We shot Negan.

Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Hello @jameshusum welcome to the monkey. Miss @Jeff Brackett and his great stories, been a fan of his writing for years. Glad you took steps to join. We all have something to learn, the sharing of ideas and how-to's IMO is the best way to avoid prepping mistakes.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

As usual I am late to the show! Welcome from the Mountain INW @jameshusum ..

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Awww, shucks! You're gonna make me blush! ;) I still drop in occasionally. All you have to do is tag me & I get a notification. You know, sort of like summoning any other demon. LOL

And thanks to everyone for giving my BFAM (@jameshusum) a warm monkey welcome. He's good people.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Welcome, Jameshusum! I loved TWD in the beginning, but Rick wasn't a prepper, and he sucks a SHTF role-model. Under his leadership they have managed to stay one step ahead of the zombies...most of the time.

10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Who are you calling a nut-case?:LOL:

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I want that bunker!!

Freewheeler likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Hello @Jeff Brackett nice to know how to summon you. I read you Half Past Midnight series and really enjoyed it. Let me know if you publish any other books. Take care.

Ganado likes this.
  13. jameshusum

jameshusum Monkey

True, Rick wasn't a prepper, but he did a lot more to help keep things together and try to get things going again than Neegan. In any case, I'd rather be around other people who have prepped for SHTF scenarios than people who end up with a 'might makes right' mindframe after it happens.

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Thanks @Motomom34 . HPM was my very first novel, and I like to think (or at least HOPE) I've gotten better since then. ;) If you read all three of those, that's pretty much all I've written in the post-apocalyptic genre. I do have some other titles out there, though, that are more "science-y" science fiction. LOL

Most of my writing is concentrated in the "Amber Payne" cyberpunk-ish series. Two are currently out (Streets of Payne", and "Payne Before the Storm"), third one (Payne and Sacrifice) is currently with beta readers and will (hopefully) be out early next year, and I'm working on the fourth right now.

You can find my books on amazon by clicking >>here<<.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7