Greetings from Vermont

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vthunter, Dec 4, 2011.

1. vthunter

vthunter Monkey+

(y)
    Just a quick note to say "Hello!" and glad to be on the site. Appears there are good folks here all enjoying some angle of my favorite avocation.

Hope to be able to contribute from time to time, though I do tend to read more than write. Glad to pick up on the experience and knowledge of all the members and to participate in the various discussion strings.

Thank you!!

vthunter

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Welcome vthunter

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome vhunter. Glad to see another New Englander. Some folks here think the Mason-Dixon is the border into enemy territory ;) Keep an eye out for Northwoods, another Green Mountaineer

4. beast

beast backwoodsman

come on in, kick off yer shoes, set a spell

5. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome vt...

6. vthunter

vthunter Monkey+

Thank you all for the warm welcome....... as mentioned, good group of folks here, for sure.

I know what ya mean, RightHand, folks speak reverently of the "west coast", of New England, being our shore with Lake Champlain, but, hey, we have a Georgia, Vt., so everyone's really welcome here and we have a lot of kinship in spirit with our southern brothers/sisters.

vthunter [boozingbuddies]

p.s. I lived a few years each in Savannah and New Mexico and Alaska so very cool with everyone. Luv the U.S.A., baby!!![flag]

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome!

but you throw 'west coast' around like it's a dirty word... Greetings from Pacific Time ;)

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You ain't on the coast if you are east of the Cascade crests. [booze]

9. vthunter

vthunter Monkey+

no, sirs, no offense intended or implied. repeating one of those "quaint"(?) New England-isms, that folks might only think the area stops at the eastern shore of Lake Champlain (as being the west coast of the New England states). Attempted to be funny - apologies, if any offense was felt!!

I lived in Alaska for a few years and was lucky to trek through the real west coast states in the summer time. Loved Oregon, Seattle and Tacoma and the Olympia brewery; this was quite awhile back and don't know if Oly is still available.

Thanks, gents!!

[beer] [whiteflag] [respect]

peace, vthunter

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Nuther west coastie welcoming ya aboard... welcome aboard.

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Just kidding vthunter!

Glad to have you.
    We like to have a lot of fun here and only take serious things seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7