Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by ghrit, May 20, 2016.
It’s a little known fact that Francis Scott Key originally wrote slightly different lyrics to what became our national anthem. When he saw Old Glory ensnared in the wooden mastwork of a sailing ship during the battle at Fort McHenry, he was inspired to compose a line about the “spars-tangled banner”.
And an organizational note:
The members selected for the rest-room location committee are: Dawn D. Hall, Trudy Doors, and Onda Wright.
(That last one gets credited to my cousin --)
And more -
• Venison for dinner again?
• How does Moses make tea?
• England has no kidney bank,
but it does have a Liverpool.
• I tried to catch some fog,
but I mist.
• They told me I had type-A blood,
but it was a Typo.
• I changed my iPod's name to Titanic.
It's syncing now.
• Jokes about German sausage
are the wurst.
• I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid,
but he says he can stop any time.
• I stayed up all night to see where the sun went,
and then it dawned on me.
• This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club,
but I'd never met herbivore.
• When chemists die,
• I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.
I just can't put it down.
• I did a theatrical performance about puns.
It was a play on words.
• Why were the Indians here first?
They had reservations.
• I didn't like my beard at first.
Then it grew on me.
• Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job
because she couldn't control her pupils?
• When you get a bladder infection,
• Broken pencils
• What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary?
• I dropped out of communism class
because of lousy Marx.
• I got a job at a bakery
because I kneaded dough.
• Velcro –
what a rip off!
• Don’t worry about old age;
it doesn’t last.
And a couple more -
Had the bird flu last week. Ok, now, got some tweetment.
Couple of months ago, had the swine flu. Got some oinkment.
Definition of a fenderberg.....chunks of ice which accumulate in your wheel wells in the winter.
Separate names with a comma.