Groundhog Day 2013: 6 more weeks of firearms/ammo shortages

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Just kidding, it will be much longer according to what I'm reading out in the aether.

Ammo mfrs need to wake the f up and stop selling to LEO agencies that are anti-2nd Amendment. That's when the fireworks would start and talk of nationalization.

Unverified and posted as hearsay:
    • Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
    • RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
    • FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
    • Remington-Maxed out!
    • Armalite: Maxed out.
    • DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
    • COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
    • LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
    • Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
    AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Gun manufacturers halting new orders due to massive backlogs - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

During the Christmas shopping season of last year, FBI background checks reached record highs as Americans purchased guns and disaster preparedness equipment as a large portion of their holiday spending. Entering into 2012, those purchases do not appear to be slowing down as on March 21st, gun manufacturer Sturm, Ruger, and Company issued a statement that they are suspending new orders after a recent million unit request.
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Reports Strong First Quarter Bookings
    March 21, 2012
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
    Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:
    The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
    Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
    Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
    The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012. – Ruger Corporate
    Since the release of this million unit order, Sturm Ruger's stock price has risen over $6.00 a share to $48.66 in the past two days.
    Besides Sturm Ruger, Glock firearms is also experiencing a major backlog in orders. According to individuals who have inquired with the US and Austrian gunmaker in recent days, the backlog on current orders is now at 322,000 units, and the company is an estimated 21 weeks behind in production under current capacity. Additionally, US based Colt firearms told a customer recently that it will take six months to complete an order of a single gun purchase due to their production backlogs.
    True. USA and Austria both working 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and still behind 322,000+ units. That's about 21 weeks behind in production. And folks want Glock to stop and design a single stack 9?
    I ordered a Colt last week and its back ordered 6 months.
    I must have been lucky. I picked up a brand new blued Colt Series 70 on leap day. There still is another on the shelf at the gun store... Hmmmmm.... Should I???? – Glocktalk.com
    Many Americans are realizing that the frequency of the world is changing, espeically as economic conditions around the globe continue to deteriorate, and the threat of war increases. Greece has recently completed its default, and austerity measures imposed on the European nation are causing its citizens to rebel in growing numbers. In the US, higher oil and gasoline prices, coupled with a growing escalation of conflict in the Middle East are eating away at the purchasing power of the US consumer, and the fear of crisis is leading more and more people to prepare for an uncertain future.
    America is one of the last places on earth that still hold freedoms for its citizens on their right to bear arms, and a growing number of people are taking advantage of it in record numbers. With gun manufacturers like Sturm Ruger, Glock, and Colt Firearms halting new orders due to tremendous backlogs, the price of guns already on the market is sure to rise, as the demand for such firearms is only increasing each month since late last year.

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I'm just cutting back on range time. I don't see any relief at all short term. Every time our dear leader opens his mouth the lines at the stores get a little longer.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I was informed on Friday (Feb 1, 2013) that my DPMS Panther Arms AR-10 with 24" Stainless Barrel, that has been on order for since March 2012, is shipping via UPS, on that day. Previous calls (Once a month) to DPMS, to get the Shipping Date, resulted in "We have NO IDEA, as our BackOrder List is to long to go thru." "We will call you when, we get to your Order." "We are building them as fast as we can." "?????"

I am just Happy that this order was filled BEFORE the Idiots in DC, passed any NEW Statutes. Although that would NOT have precluded "Me" from receiving such a NEW Weapon, as I hold a Class 1 FFL, and can hold ANY of these class Weapons, in Stock, for sale to Government Agencies, local, State, or Federal.

At this point, I am wishing I would have ordered 3 of these, as I could, easily, DOUBLE my Investment, by selling two of them at the Inflated Market Prices, around today, and still have one, completely "Tricked Out" for myself. Who knew that the civilian Market would go BONKERS, like this?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7