Group buy of 30-91 mosins

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by -06, Jan 15, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

91-30s come 20 to the case and can be bought for @ $90 each(will have to check). Anyone want one? If so list here or PM and will check into buying a case. Will also check on ammo availability and cost. Am SE of Charlotte so will need to be FTF buys.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Round or Hex Receivers?

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Dumb question, but just trying to learn something here. I assume one is better than the other. So which is better and why?

4. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

One is more sought after ( It's Older) i wouldn't say it is more acurate .The Hex is the older style If I remember correctly. I have a round style made in 1946

5. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

p.s...my spelling sucks. I edited the previous post and still left a misspelled word in it.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Any Finns in a given batch? I already have a Russian 91 and an M44.

7. VisuTrac

Hexes are stronger (marginally) due to having more material in the receiver. Also, makes it way easier to drill and tap for a scope. There are after market scope mounts that surround the hex and use it for support. The also make one for the round but I like how the hex fits tighter.

As for the finns, I think they'd be m39's typically they were captured 91/30s that the finns captured and remanned.

if they are in the lots for 90 bucks each, I'm selling dead eye in the basement to buy all the finns in the crate.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Likewise on the Finn and 44 but thought it would be nice to have another. Will know by Fri evening. Be out of town Sat/Sun so will reply asap.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yup, the Finns were remanned, the quality is much better, too. They won't go for the same price as the Russians, not even close, unless a stray shows up in a crate. Doubtful.

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

was always curious why there was a markedly different price on some... just thought people were overcharging. How can you tell if one is a Finn?

11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

All things Mosin Nagant at 7.62X54R.com.
    Finn'd Mosin's bear Finnish arsenal / capture stamps.
    The Finn's kept the ones which could shoot to 3MOA or better.

VisuTrac and JABECmfg like this.
  12. brandonnash

brandonnash Monkey

I may want to be in on this. Will send PM.

13. VisuTrac

The finns also typically had SA stamped on them, typically the stock and the receiver. Stands for Finnish Army

14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I wish I had the disposable income,but there are more important needs to be met first. Please let us know if there are any diamonds in the rough.;)

15. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

16. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

I am soooooo in if these are Finnish. But For that price if they are in good condition I am in anyways

17. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

NutN Fancy You Tube runs

A good rifle - regretted selling my Mosin to pay for last semester of school...if I had a time machine I would have taken a semester off...seriously makes me so sad

18. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Still chasing them. The two that normally keeps boxes are out of stock. Hopefully soon--if anyone knows where they can be had please advise-thanks.

19. brandonnash

brandonnash Monkey

I have been looking online for them. Hard to find now. Have found the Chinese type 53 carbine a few places.

20. VisuTrac

Finns are most likely NOT going to be in a crate. They will have been weeded out because a bad Finn is still worth 3 Drunken Russians.

Finns typically run 290 for a beat up M39 or 1200+ for the 28-76 target version.

Yeppers, Us Finns are freaking spectacular. But you tend to find us one at a time, hiding in plain sight, working our way down the ranks.

:)

Gunny Highway likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7