Group Buy Update

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My sheathmaker just quit on me. Prima Donna asshole!

He's had your knives since 7/7 and I never said a ****ing word until I asked for one stinking sheath back for a photo shoot that will hopefully be in Blade mag.

The guy says he tired of being "rushed". ****! Sit on my knives while putting everyone ahead of me for ****ing shows and then quit. He is doing a few so we'll see who's gets done I guess.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

No worries Don, Im not in a Hurry.

3. Valkman

He's not doing a few more - he sent me 3 a while back of the over 20 I sent him and now says when I pay for those 3 I'll get the rest back. Nice. So no one's is done after all this time and I have no idea who to turn to now.

And who bleeped the F word? ****! When I want to say **** I want to say **** and not ****!

4. troubleticket

troubleticket Monkey+++

Valkman,
    What type of sheath were you looking for?

I have some excess .125 sheet in black and tan.

Simple sheaths are not too hard to make.

Do you have a dummy knife that I may give it a shot?

Not a finished pretty one, the correct dimensions.

Joe

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

its easy Don:
    F-U-C-K! .........I will say it for you...:lol:

6. Valkman

I'm looking for leather - I have a great Kydex maker. Over at bladeforums there's a list of sheath guys so I contacted a couple. There's also Sharpshooter that mass produces leather sheaths for guys like me in runs of 20, 50, 100, whatever. I may have to go that route.

7. Valkman

And Wednesday I have nose surgery for cancer - ain't like grand. Argh!

8. Valkman

Well now the sheath guy un-quit and apologized. So he's going to mke heaths, I guess.

I have 5 stitches in my nose and it makes me look like a tough guy. Bruce Willis is a girly girl.

9. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Lol, damn right he unquit. Make sure he makes ALL the Sheaths

10. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

And if he quits again.....then kick him in the nads and give him black and blue balls............taser1...............:lol:

11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Monkeyman showed me his "Test-knife" the other evening. Looks like he has put it through the wringer way beyond what a knife deserves and it seems to be holding up well. I think he uses it with a hammer to cut steel instead of a torch.

12. Valkman

Gotta love it!

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well havent QUITE tried that yet but did use it with a hammer as a punch to make pilot holes through metal sheets that were bending to many nails, let a goofball at work see it and he tried to flip it in his hand then dropped it in the tank of a ship that was sank and full of sludge where it stayed for a few days untill it got pumped out and found the knife, cleaned it up and went back into use with just the slightest nick in the blade (about like the size of a hair) where it bounced off a chain with links that weigh about 80 lbs each. Since then I have used it as a pry bar a few times to move 4x12 timbers so can get my hands on them.

Don told me to work it hard and dont be afraid to abuse it so I could let him know if it had a weakness or a limit that was easy to find and so far the closest I have found to a 'weakness' in it is that if you bounce it off of ancor chain, soak it in toxic goo for the better part of a week, expose it to degreasers and such as a break from daily abuse as a prybar/chopper/metal punch/rope cuter and kitchen knife then the gun coat finish starts to show some wear and you may have to do a little extra sharpening on it since after I sharpened it the 'nick' in the blade is now gone and aside from scratches in the finish or caracter coloring of the micarta handle, its the same as the day it arrived. Gotta love a tool you can abuse and it just begs for more!

Hell if I was still home, or when I get home, I would have to see if could work out a deal on it and make the sheaths for you. Mine rides in a nice heavey sheath I made for it from saddle leather (the test knife didnt come with a sheath added but I make my own holsters and sheaths so worked well) like they use for the seat of the saddles. I figured a solid tool like this needed a solid sheath to keep up with it and it rides my hip most every day unless dressed up to go out.

14. monkeyman

Oh and you may be getting more orders from it too, Ive had at least a dozen folks ask for your info after they saw the knife and especialy the ones who have seen how it gets used and stays straight and in one piece.

15. Valkman

I had Fighter pics taken and they'll be submitted to Blade and Tactical Knives next week - If they use 'em I want them to see what MM has wrote about them! :)

16. monkeyman

Cool, if they need a release or what ever just let me know. You should have my number so they have my permission to publish the stuff but if they need a signature we can arrange to get it for them.

17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I got my Fighter with Kydex sheath the other day ( a little slow posting about it ) it is Awesome!!! Don you are an artist!!! This thing couldn't fit better if you molded the handle to my hand. The balance is perfect and the sharpened top edge makes for a wicked self defense blade.
    I showed it to a friend of mine who is a former spec ops guy. He was waaay impressed. He said that the first thing he looks at is how good of a grip he can maintain when the handle gets bloody ( he would know). He loved the solid grip that the finger grooves provide.
    A real winner Don. Now I see the black one!! With a blood groove! Got's to have one of those.
    Knives 035.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7