Second Amendment Group Wants To Give Guns To The Poor

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Yard Dart, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Group wants to give guns to the poor | Fox News

A great program, and if saves one life, stops a burglary or prevents one rape- then it will be a success!!

Mountainman, Beano, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Noble, but in general, "the poor" are poor for a reason--namely poor decision-making abilities. They have a hard time building wealth because of their poor choices.

If you could find a neighborhood that "is poor" and the residents have lived there for more than two years, they might not turn around and sell their gun in order to buy something else. Otherwise, I think you'll find most of the giveaway guns will be sold within 6 weeks.

Mountainman likes this.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I like the idea in the OP, but think you are right about them selling most of the guns. Besides the poor decision making abilities, most of these people are probably on some sort of welfare and this will be easy money for them just like what they are used to getting. Take a free class, get a free gun and (ka-ching) a few hundred dollars for free when they sell it.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I do believe that there will be some that sell them for quick cash. But think that there are some that will take this as a tool to protect their family and that has value. The bottom dwellers will do what the think is right and in the end they will still be at the bottom. Those that take the training and weapon seriously will defend their family and maybe someday make a difference. And that is something, right.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7