Gulchomesize

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ripsnort, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ripsnort

ripsnort Monkey+++

For a temporary living situation I don't need much space.
    But when I am living in my house, in my gulch, I need alot of space. Besides regular living space, I need alot of storage, shop and garage space. Tools, supplies and food processing require space.
    Building a new house I sized it for 1 to 3 people.
    Main living space on one floor 1450'sq.
    full insulated heated basement 1450'sq.
    (storage and workshop w drivein door)
    entryway and closet (heated) 260'sq.
    attached garage (insulated) 900'sq.

Looking at it I think the space will be about right. I also designed it so I could add on easily.
    Have you folks thought about how much space you would need in your ideal home gulch, assuming that you that it would be functioning as a homestead and not a bedroom to commute from. I have not figured in any space for animals.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Gulchomesize....... When I saw the title, I thought it was a kind of cheese.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I figure 1600 sq ft would do for two. 2-1/2 car garage and an outbuilding for the gear, on some acreage, not less than 20. Not so sure the money will do that for me, but might come close as long as I stay away from the coasts. [booze][booze]

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I looked at a downsized for coming sh*tstorm home today. Price was right but the pig farm/meth lab next door was another thing. The other side had one of those mobiles that looks like it has exploded onto the lawn yet still stands and has occupants.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Are we gonna be neighbors? lol

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[fnny] [LMAO]

7. Shadowman

Shadowman Monkey+++

The actual living accommodations could be a little smaller than we have now, perhaps one less bedroom. The unfinished basement needs a lot more shelving for storage and the two car detached garage needs to be finished, power and water brought to it and the shop area completed. And then the whole thing needs to be transported about thirty miles and up into the mountains....just getting too crowded around here. Just too many soccer mom's and yuppie ducks moving in for our little piece of country life...UGH!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7