Gulf coast evacuation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by USMCwife, Jun 13, 2010.

1. gravelgurdy

gravelgurdy Monkey+++

Knock it off! The thread is "Gulf Coast Evacuation".

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Go back to post #56 and start reading. You should begin to get the idea that there will be no evacuation, there are no military units rushing south to haul every living being inland or to California. In the meantime, we keep the thread alive by tossing pinless grenades at each other in case something concrete really happens (or the conspiracy theorists finally get back on the ground) meaning keeping the pot boiling. The spaced out pundits are creative, and spread rumors faster than a junior high girls club, pulling logic circuits based on someone else's meth cloud. Relax. If you leave there, it will be voluntary, not in prison buses.

No question that the situation off shore is serious and is having/will have dire consequences. That said, anyone that pulls out and heads to some place that they consider safe will be well advised to think twice. What they leave behind will be vulnerable, whether from hordes of looters or a really serious mess that is NOT currently foreseen outside of the minds of the tin foil hatters. And wherever they go, they could be unwelcome.

Do your preps as you see fit, that's what this place is all about. While you wait for the bus, have fun.

3. gravelgurdy

gravelgurdy Monkey+++

I have read the entire thread thank you. I was noting that post 71-77, and 79,80, had absolutely nothing to do with the thread what so ever. I read all the posts as they are updated with a new entry and some that don't interest me. Off thread posts are a waste of my time. I probably should have PM'd this to you because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD EITHER...

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

S'CUSE ME??
    Don't like the way I drive? Stay off the sidewalk.
    [peep]
    earth08_full.

5. ghrit

You're welcome. Feel free to use the ignore feature, if you feel you are wasting time. With all due respect, you seem a mite tightly strung. Save your time (and mine) and don't bother with a PM; won't do either of us any good. If you need to hang it all out, do so here, and as long as you don't run afoul of the CoC, your posts will stand. Pointed criticism (or pointless) really isn't needed, it is also off topic.

OTOH, if you have credible, up to date news on the "evacuation" by all means post up, contribute links and attributed quotes.

The rest of us will continue, course constant, steaming as before.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Hey "junior member": you just walked into a corner tavern; pulled up a chair to a table already populated with a bunch of locals knocked over the beer pitcher and told them their topic wasn't of interest to you and they( we) should stop boring you.How do you think that's going to go over??

it's a free country don't want to read don't; your membershp dues will be gratefully(strike that: "cheerfully") refunded ( pro-rated). Who made you a moderator?[gun]
    You paying for this "service"? I think not... Please file the obligatory monkeythread/news preferences form (# I. D.10-T ); so your time is not piddled away by the regulars who come here for socialization and discussion rather than hard core cited research.
    Before I/we waste some more of your precious time.
    Got some bawlz man...[gun]

7. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

HEAR HEAR!

But seriously, You guys should change the subject. You're boring me and wasting my time and I want my dues back. [stirpot]

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

:) There's a lot of rumor based on the same few stories, most of those have exceeded their dates .Greg Evenson the okla state cop and"trusted inside source "predicted 15 June to 1 July. could it happen late ? of course; is it likely?
    We won't really know until the busses showup. fer real.

Fringe sites are having a field day posting: "We" are evacuating Muscle shoals! or Slidell or Houma posts but "we" turns out to be panicked individuals not whole towns as they try to make it sound more dramatic.

In an effort to be more of a help than a hindrance in a potentially life or death mass exodus run for the exits.
    YOU have my word [werd] I will not post any weak anectdotal evidence of "individuals" deciding to go on rumor or heresay.ohno

We need and welcome new monkeys input but fer cryin out loud IMHO this is more of a 200 year old English pub.( lots of" water under the bridge" in the archives).

There you go Fortunateson: :D [2c][2c][2c]:lol:( need a reciept for tax purposes?)
    [gone]

9. gravelgurdy

gravelgurdy Monkey+++

:oops:here's a new pitcher ...[beer][whiteflag]

10. ghrit

Welcome!! We hope you'll stick around, good closers are needed.

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

fair enough...I'll mop up[cmfrt][winkthumb][booze][beer][beer]

12. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

That's the spirit!! A little fun mixed in this serious evacuation stuff won't hurt.

Heck, I enjoyed the last part more than the rest of the entire thread.

13. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto. :)

Welcome!

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, it's human nature to laugh at adversity - especially when WE are the ones affected. But, I do have a dark sense of humor in the best of times. ;)

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I posted this with a caveat in "humor"but I should've waited because; it dovetails nicely in this thread today :
    (save the "hate mail": I know the gulf isn't funny. Read the rest of my caveat in "humor")

YouTube - Black Water (BP Version) - Gulf Oil Spill Doobie Brothers Parody

16. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Don't panic :For what it's worth:
    project gulf impact.com is documenting goings on around the gulf posted this video last night: Could it be cleanup crews ora soft ball tournament in town overnight???

YouTube- STRANGE BUSES IN GULF SHORES, AL. BP OIL CRISIS. PROJECT GULF IMPACT.

it shows a collection of white busses parked in gulfshores, one is marked with an "I" or roman numeral "1"they didn't show any other markings seals or or placards.

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

19. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

IAplatU, buddy, you do not have to believe anyone but what you see happening. I like Alex Jones, but, do your own research on stuff. Thanks for posting that link. Now it's time to [peep] and let the flames begin. I really feel for the people who live down there and don't think anything is funny about what's happening with the spill. For many of them [shtf] has happened.

20. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

FWIW I have many friends working the Oil Spill...in Pensacola, and Gulf Shores...and they pick them up around 3-3:30am every morning in buses just like that....6 of them pull up at just one hotel...
    And that's just one....They're all over from Pensacola to LA....

I'm not saying that's what they are...just that I've seen the buses pick them up when I was over there a couple of weekends ago....and there are 2 12 hour shifts...They work around the clock.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7