Gulf Coast is still a disaster area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have been stuck here for the past two months living on a barge while we salvage shrimp boats by the hundreds. No telephones within an hours drive, cell phones only work sometimes if you happen to be standing in exactly the right place with the proper leg extended, wireless internet works sometimes but seldon long enough to up load more than a single file. Lunch is often MREs provided by the salvation army or red cross. Still find dead bodies occassionally floating by (what's left of them). Raccoons are prospering and getting fat. Just moved to Lake Charles and it is very different here; phones and internet actually work....even a few open bars (Bourbon Stret in New Orleans is open but only one woman for fifty men...kind a sucks).
    maybe get to hang out a little once in a while now...miss you guys and gals....Seacowboys

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Take care Seacowboys
    It is good to hear from ya.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Another chapter for the book Seacowboys. Take care of yourself.

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take care SeaCowboys!...

I hear Margaritaville is open for business...and helping feed some of the relief workers?

That's the word I got anyway......

Try to make it down there, if you can.....Some good folks work there...know a couple of them.....they'll take good care of you...

5. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take care of yourself seacowboys, take care of yourself. It's not a pleasant job but somebody has to do it. Hope it gets to the point where you can visit more often soon.

We all miss you too.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Shoot any Gators?

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glad to hear from you, hope to hear more. Take care.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7