Gun board gossip - THR - Volk and Zeanah depositions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]These links were posted on THR for about 10 seconds before somebody yanked the thread.

Oleg Volk deposition
    http://benjamincannon.net/082609volk.txt

Derek Zeanah deposition
    http://benjamincannon.net/102809zean.txt

In case you have not been privy to the controversy, the originator of "The High Road" website, Oleg Volk is suing one of his moderators, Derek Zeanah, for - how shall I say?... No, I won't say "stealing" thehighroad.org... I'll say "doing something Oleg didn't want Derek to do.

Long read on each of those depo's.

And no cabinetry jokes!
    [/FONT]

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

I thought that was humorous :^)

It's certainly an interesting discourse; I'd hate to be the one answering all those questions from a hostile lawyer.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Ok, I know this is a deposition and he's a lawyer asking specific questions to illicit a specific response.. but Does this guy live in America? is he serious?...lol

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Depositions can be interesting, it's like screwing with the mind of some psychiatrist! Get them angry and look out, they pull out all the stops and try to make you say something they NEED to help their client's!
    I am the one that few like to have in a depsosition, as I make it personal!
    Many of the ludicrous repeated questions they ask, make me angry, really fast, and it comes out in the final transcripts!
    But, if you have an even temperment, you can have a LOT of fun, harassing the opposition!

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Reading that was four hours I'll never see again. What I did not see was a lot of asking the same question three different ways. (Did happen once that the beagle picked up on and objected.) Overall, it was soft questioning.

6. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Long ass read for sure.. and so I gathered that Mr. Zeanah's majority point of contention is that he operates the domain registry/server admin and therefore he has some basis for ownership in the site. WOW. In my opinion, that guy is such a douche... domain admin != owner. End of story. For the record, I am not a member of either of the forums mentioned in that dep, nor did I know of them before this time.

7. Chongsoft Army!!!!!

Chongsoft Army!!!!! Hung Far Low Tea Bagger

they all full of sh*t- High road berong to me.
    Ha!

8. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

When they started having problems I quit posting on both forums and haven't been back. There were a lot of LEO's with bad attitudes there. Surely it wasn't set up by Swat magazine to gather info on gun owners, tell me it ain't so. What a mess. Kind of like Google teaming up with NSA...

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Volk = Different on some other boards right?

i didn't read all (Saved them as souvenirs) but it was a little funny to read "the Preacherman then posted ______________"

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Dude starts asking personal questions like "where did you work...where are all the places you lived"...blah blah blah -and he's gonna get a swift kick in the head.

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Is you mean username Different, the answer is no.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7