Gun buyers beware...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

BBB warns customers about Davenport gun dealer
    Posted on: 10:54 am, November 25, 2013, by Shellie Nelson, updated on: 10:59am, November 25, 2013

Share this:
    duck-creek-armory-site-logo.

A firearms dealer based in Davenport, Iowa is under scrutiny because of dozens of unanswered customer complaints.

A statement from the BBB says more than 25 complaints have been filed with them against Duck Creek Armory, an online retailer of firearms and related items. The company is headquartered in Davenport.

The complaints allege ordered products have not been delivered. Some customers say they have been waiting for delivery of some items since last spring, and some said they already paid between $800 and $1,600 for the merchandise they never received.

“This week the BBB was informed that their phone was out of service and a call by the BBB to their number stated that ‘the number is temporarily unavailable,’” said the BBB statement.

News 8 also tried to call number listed on the company’s website, and the number not operational. The company’s website was still operational and open for customer orders as of Monday morning, November 25, 2013.

The BBB statement says none of the complaints filed since October 14, 2013 against Duck Creek Armory have been answered. The company has also reportedly not responded to a November 13 letter from the BBB requesting that the company address the complaints.

The result of the unanswered complaints is an “F” grade for Duck Creek Armory from the Better Business Bureau. The BBB has also reported the matter to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and to Davenport Police.

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Possible federal charges coming??

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

stg58 likes this.
  5. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well looking at the photo of the Duck Creek web site it is no wonder this is happening. Davenport is just down the road from me and let's say it ain't pretty there for many reasons.

6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

This is why I get a little bent out of shape, whenever I see an online retailer charge a credit card immediately. I recently had one do so, provide a tracking number, but tell me it would be 8 to 10 working days until I might see any activity on the tracking. I gave them 3 weeks (had a holiday in there), then wrote them and told them to either give me REAL tracking info, or refund my credit card. Got my refund the next day.

Hopefully the folks that got bitten by this crook of a retailer will be able to work with their credit card companies to get a refund. Let the banks go after this guy! Hell, they're almost as bad as the IRS!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7