Gun control really doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Feb 22, 2018.

1. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Bandit99
    Having been a Firearms dealer in Illinois with FOID it is only for a purchase there is no info exchanged other than its a purchase of a firearm. Then its accepted, Denied or Not at this time. Not at this time mean that unless the State Police contact you within 24 hrs the sale goes thru they give you a transaction number end of story

2. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Any anti-gun legislation and all anti-gun legislation, from Gun Free Zones to mandatory background checks, to felons not being allowed to own guns, to crazy people not being allowed to own guns, to children not being allowed to own guns, to any kind of gun being outlawed, to any kind of waiting period, or any one of a ga-zillion others, is a direct violation of our 2nd Amendment rights.

The 2nd Amendment is without limitation. The word "except" does not appear in it.

When anyone starts saying "Our right to keep and bears arms shall not be infringed, except..." they are simply saying that our right to keep and bear arms should be infringed. The way they like best.

Period.

"Guns should not be allowed in Federal courtrooms because someone might shoot a judge."

Yes, they might. But the solution isn't to keep guns out of the courtrooms, it's to keep judges that need shooting off the bench. In the end, there is a limit to the corruption that one man will stomach.

One man. Somewhere. It only takes one.

Besides, if a judge (or any other government functionary) is so corrupt that they need shooting, they can be shot anywhere, not just on the bench or in the office.

Which suggests that our government's plan is eliminate guns entirely, so the usual corruption can continue unchallenged.

If everyone (man, woman, or child) was required by law to carry a gun at all times, this nation would see a bloodbath of epic proportions.

For about two weeks.

Then we wouldn't have a gun problem, because all the problem people would be dead or recently reformed.

Actually, come to think of it, we wouldn't even need to arm everyone.

The police forces could probably solve the problem in about a week, if they were allowed to. They already know who most of the violent criminals are, and where they live.

Of course, some of the police are criminals, but the others know--so the bad ones would probably be among the first to go.

Which is not a bad idea in itself.

oldman11 likes this.
  3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

don't know if you around IL back then - but by law any info compiled about purchases connected to a FOID check has to erased - no type of database can exist .... one of the highest rankers in the IL State Police decided that he liked the info power and refused to push the button - someone internal dropped a dime on the SOB - they had to establish a people's committee to oversee the button pushing ... can't trust anyone to follow the law ....

oldman11 and snake6264 like this.
  4. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

last I heard they were looking for 1,000s of guns that were mistakenly sold to declined FOID holders - the ILSP didn't report back to the dealers within the 24 hour hold period or some FED info came in late - you can imagine that has to be fun job ....

oldman11 likes this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Now wait a minute fellow simians. We outlawed drugs and....well...never mind that one. We have test cities where guns are illegal and...no....wait a minute. I know! Make "Gun free zones"! Hmmmm. Didn't work either.

oldawg, oldman11 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

The fact of the matter is that laws will not change criminals' actions because, well, they are criminals.

Oddcaliber and oldman11 like this.
  7. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

I completely agree! More gun laws, on top of the myriad gun laws that America already has, will NOT stop gun violence in America, today. What might genuinely improve the situation, though, would be to return: the concepts of the Judeo-Christian God, the Ten Commandments, and the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ back into the government's approved public domain. (i.e.: public schools, courts, and all federal and state government agencies and buildings.)

Why do I say this? I say this because it's, kind 'a, difficult to violate your own intrinsic moral precepts, and murder other people (and/or your classmates) after you've been educated to the Judeo-Christian principles espoused by Christ.

'Thou shalt love The Lord, Thy God, with all thy heart, all thy soul, and with all thy mind.' 'This is the first, and great commandment; and, the second commandment is like unto it:' 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' 'On these two commandments rests ALL OF THE LAW, and ALL OF THE TEACHINGS of all of the prophets from time, immemorial.'

It should be obvious (but, it's not) that virtually none of today's horrific serial murders and extreme violence occurred while America was still an active and overt Judeo-Christian nation. (Which is exactly how the Founding Fathers originally intended America to be!)

oldman11 likes this.
  8. Unique

Unique Monkey

I'm particularly fond of this passage from Ephesians 4

29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.

Unfortunately a lot of professing Christians ignore this verse and let all kinds of vile language pour out of their mouth.

Lone Gunman and oldman11 like this.
  9. Unique

Unique Monkey

There was a scene in Silverado where the Heros are escaping from the posse and someone starts sniping at the posse from a hill. The sniper shoots a rock out from one guy's foot just as he's going to shoot. He cuts another guy's reigns then he hits a branch next to the Sherriff's head. One of the posse members says to the Sherriff "Come on let's go(continue the chase) this guy (Sniper in the rocks) isn't hitting anything." And the Sherriff looks at him and says " You fool! He's hit everything he's aimed at!" Everytime I read about how gun control doesn't work I think of that scene.

BTPost and oldman11 like this.
  10. Unique

Unique Monkey

Found part of the clip

11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

So TRUE

So many kids are on drugs from Hyper BS .

Send the little shits out and do a active fun / play / game !! WHATEVER , Like my dog , burn them out , Get off the shoot em up BS video !!

So Duh !
    Schools breed this computer learning & then the "so called Teacher" is doing WTF !!

Sorry for the Rant , Back to boobies & butts

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

School boards screeching about no money, so PE gets cut. Do you suppose the parents might insist on calisthenics for a while to go with the rest of the homework the school isn't sending home.?

13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

A classic example of an abject failure of a law is Prohibition. Americans did not stop consuming alcohol because of a law. Gun control will never work because you can't regulate mortality or human actions!

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Basically having a criminal government is justification for others on the brink to go bad as well.

15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

Oddcaliber and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7