Gun control you should prepare for right now

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Yard Dart, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I don't believe one has to obey a law that is unconstitutional.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

True, However one must be willing to either back up that belief, personally, OR spend the time, energy, and money, to go to Court, and get a Ruling, clear up thru the Supreme Court of the USA...and then live with the consequences of those decisions, as they my be.....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

If the sheriff in your parish or county refused to enforce an extremely flagrant violation of the constitution would it be necessary to even to fight it in court?

Homer Simpson likes this.
  4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

And both sheriffs would be voted out of office!

5. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

In my (admittedly minority) personal opinion, Steven Paddock's room at the Mandalay Bay hotel shows numerous illogical (and tactical) inconsistencies that no experienced rifleman/combatant would ever have used — Ever!

For example:

(1) Bullet trajectory charts, (Which were useless for the sort of attack that was ultimately launched!)

(2) At least one attached (and presumably zero'd in) magnifying optic, and

(3) a, so-called, 'bump-fire' stock.

(What kind of irrational stupidity are experienced riflemen supposed to believe?) 'Bump-fire' stocks are nonsensical 'gun junk' that will severely degrade the accuracy of any AR rifle to which one is attached.)

(4) Lots of handguns scattered all over the room,

(What for? Steven Paddock, obviously, never intended to engage anyone at close range.)

(5) An AR-15 rifle with an absolutely humongous extended magazine attached to it — That even a first time shooter would realize could NOT be used, successfully, with an accurized tripod-mounted rifle!

(6) Two broken windows, the second of which added nothing to the field-of-view and was unnecessary to break.

Then there's all of the other incidental little things like:

(1) No relevant security camera footage of Paddock anywhere in the hotel,

(2) A non-surveilled stairwell right next to Paddock's room that anyone could have used: before, during, or after the attack while remaining completely unnoticed.

(3) Cell phone video footage, taken by various concert goers during the attack, that show no muzzle flash of any kind coming from the area of Paddock's room.

(Lamp lights were visible in nearby rooms but no light of any kind — as in absolutely nothing — flashed out of Room #32!)

(4) Numerous reports from numerous concert goers that one, or quite possibly more, full-auto weapons were fired from within the crowd.

(5) One of the most vocal concert goers has already died of (apparently) 'natural causes';

(6) A mysterious hispanic man and woman who addressed the crowd shortly before the massacre began with the ominous warning 'Leave now, or you're all going to die!'

(7) A supposedly wounded security guard who (1) suddenly disappeared from a roomful of people before (2) unexpectedly showing up several days later to make a brief statement on a TV variety program — Just before kissing his American medical insurance ‘goodbye’, curiously leaving his own car parked at home and, then, fleeing the country in an ambiguous rented automobile.

(Personally, I don't think he'll be coming back, if at all, anytime soon.)

(8) Then there’s my own personal favorite idiosyncrasy: The very clever person, or persons, who set off a pack of firecrackers near the Route 99 stage just minutes before all of the real shooting began!

(Nice touch, really nice touch; and way too convenient to be mere coincidence.)

As for all of the 'bought and paid for' politicians who feed off events like this? It's obvious, I know; but rather than address 'the thing' or even 'the event' wouldn't it be infinitely wiser to legislate JUDEO-CHRISTIAN MORALITY back into the nation's schools and public institutions?

The real problem with gun ownership and availability, here in America, isn't coming from either 'the things' or 'the events', themselves. It's coming from the twisted minds, 'dark hearts', greed, avarice, moral indifference, and intellectual cynicism of the godless souls which inhabit the very worst of men! Unfortunately, some of these men hold positions of significant social authority and power and, therein, serve the very darkest of antisocial mortal ambitions.

OK, I'm an old man; but, for a fact, my generation didn't behave like this, nor did we do any such vile things! Neither were we troubled by horrific social incidents like what’s been going on throughout all of the predominantly western world over the past several decades; and evil thinking was not an active part of most of our daily lives.

On weekends most of us went back and forth to our various houses of worship; the public schools taught the Twelve Commandments; and public government was, unquestionably, more trustworthy and morally inclined than it is today.

Personally, I’d say to forget about legislating against all tangible and specific things like, say, guns, and focus intellectual energy, instead, on teaching this nation's citizens the higher social values and advantages of just plain good old fashioned biblical morality — biblical morality!

You never know — You just never know! So far American politicians have tried everything else without success. This old fashioned approach got America through the first 200 + years; and it just might actually work, again! At this late stage of ‘the game’, and with America presently faced with inevitable and totally consuming socio-economic and political failure, turning back to the historically viable concepts inherent to the rule and practice of Judeo-Christian government has, surely, got to be worth another try — Yes!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    arleigh likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like a whole lot of nothing, as far as gun control.

A detective once told me detectives don't believe in coincidence.

7. Taku

Taku past history. Already prepared.

AMEN ANYONE ADVOCATING ANY FORM OD GUN CONTROL IS SIMPLY A COMMUNIST POS TO BE AZZ KICKED. THATS MY COMMENT FOR 2017.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome back @Taku! Long time no see brother!!!

Taku likes this.
  9. Taku

Taku past history. Already prepared.

NOT REALLY BACK JUST HAD TO VENT ON THIS TOPIC. BACK TO TWITTER...... KEEP ON KEEPIN ON

Ura-Ki likes this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Roger that! Stop back by now and then!

11. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

of course not, but one then has to deal with the repercussions of a government that disagrees. That can be exhausting, I imagine.

12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

It's a nice thought, but since so much of the Constitution has been trashed and so many have been put in jail for abiding by it (the Constitution) and going against the Feds it all comes down to "might makes right".

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Are the Feds as bad now with Trump in office?

oldawg and Seawolf1090 like this.
  14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

It's a big swamp and they are forcing him to drain it with a teaspoon. DRIVE ON Mr. President MAGA

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We The People need to figure out how to replace his spoon with a bucket loader.

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

You can't just drain a swamp , the problem critters have to be dealt with before they slither into the forest.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

To drain the swamp you need a place to put the water. Methinks a moat would serve that function, as well as contain the slimy swamp dwellers....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I saw a post saying DC was more of a sewer than a swamp.
    I would have to agree.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Best thing Mr. Trump could do is call a Special Session requiring ALL senators and house critters to attend, then put a steel wall around Capitol Hill.- nothing goes in or goes out.
    Make the new Capitol in Atlanta, Ga. All new America-loving leaders. Problem solved.

Gator 45/70 and Mountain mama like this.
  20. Unique

Unique Monkey

If we really want to "drain the swamp" we need to amend the Constitution to term limit ALL elected positions from the President to the county coroner

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. fl4848
  3. BTPost
  4. BTPost
  5. Matei
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. hot diggity
  10. Oddcaliber
  11. Dont