Gun control you should prepare for right now

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Yard Dart, Oct 7, 2017.

1. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Make your own from 80% now.

oldawg and Seawolf1090 like this.
  2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

And spend for a good bushinged jig. Never know, you may have to arm a whole platoon of militia.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Toss in a 3D printer with design software, you can make your lower, PG, stock and handguard.

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, looks like bump stocks are suppose to get a review by the ATF so sayeth the prez. .. but it's not a firearm.
    Wonder what they will go after next, besides the EBRs. What, binary triggers? attachable lasers?

I guess there is no end to what could be outlawed .. then only the outlaws will have the outlawed items.

It comes down to a large vocal group of people wanting to ban something that a large group of vocal people (and a bunch more whom just want to be left alone) will never give up.

If they want to ban it so bad, they should sign themselves and their kids to the collection crew. First 25 to 30 percent will probably be easy.
    GettyImages-158581520.0.0[1].

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

25 to 30%. Way to high... 5 to 10% at most and many of those will be opposed anyway...

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I was thinking about all the progressives that got guns to defend themselves from the right wingers that will willingly give theirs up for the greater good ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm preparing for 0 new gun control.
    What, it's not like the Democrats have the super majority.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Sheeesh....with the exception of OP4, you guys spook easier than a colony of rabbits with a ferret in the warren.....

Lets be realistic, Donald, and Republican congressmen/women and senators aren't going to deny themselves the NRA teat just because a few school kids get wasted....this is 'murica we're talking about.

The NRA Placed Big Bets on the 2016 Election, and Won Almost All of Them
    The NRA invested millions in these politicians in 2016
    'Thoughts and prayers' and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns (a grim update)

At most, beau coup federal funding will be provided so that schools can start their own teacher militias...and, schools will resemble good ol' wild west saloons and whore houses:rolleyes:...that is until, an armed teacher loses their sh!t, goes berserk and sorts out one or more @ssh*le kids who have ruined the teacher's day....I predict many future bouts of hand wringing, and pointless, pitiful, prayers coming from politicians as future school shootings occur.

A super majority is no guarantee that gun control legislation will get rammed through....Democrats in vulnerable seats may cross the floor, as has happened in the case of some Republicans on some issues when the Republicans have enjoyed a super majority...note that Obamacare, although dying a death of a thousand cuts is still alive and the law of the land...sort of, thanks to Republican defectors.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

In America the way we solve problems is prolong them for as long as possible until the problem can be solved with the desired outcome.
    It's very obvious no one incharge wants an effective direct solution that fixes the problem.
    So we're stuck like this until someone gets what they want.

oldawg likes this.
  10. chelloveck

Which may be an explanation for a double term Drumpf Presidency...:rolleyes:

Thank goodness the Constitution forbids (so far), more than two bites of the presidential cherry. :)

11. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Chelloveck tell us about gun control in Australia. What kind of weapons can you have? How long have you had gun control of any kind?

12. chelloveck

I think that information is readily available on google, and the actual regulations are available on each of the states' and territorys' police force websites concerning licensing, possession, storage, transportation and disposal.

oldman11 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was about to get an AR lower, but I can wait.
    Just need to make sure it's M203 compatible.

Excessive fear is a thief of time and money, causing worry and regret.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Yard Dart likes this.
  14. Heres a nice tidbit of info. Those BUMPSTOCKS everyone upset about rightnow hide a secret with them. I have seen and fired a few of them (I honestly think they are a novelty at best) . When they first started showing up on the market there was a lot of controversy over them. The BATF had to review their function and decide if they should be tax stamped or not. These products were audited and found to be acceptable by their regulations. The manufacturer actually sent a copy of the approval letter out with every purchace because they wanted the buyer to know that they were perfectly legal.

Now, I have seen the letter. Its a lot of legal jargon and quoting of BATF guidlines. Blah, blah blah. My point is this. If the BATF willing allowed these evil devices of destruction and mass murder to be legally sold....... then doesnt that letter prove, by leftist thinking, that they were in big part to blame for this massacre???

By the way. Correct me if I am wrong but, werent auto-sears produced for the same reason and the ATF changed their rules to prevent their sale.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
  15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Only after FDR brought about his vision of a Great Society. We're still paying heavily for that Democrat folly.

16. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If the libs and rinos want me to believe this is for the children then they need to quit this bs. They can start with a hundred or more people directly responsible for Cruz still walking the streets at the time of the shooting. The people at the local, county, state, and federal levels that passed on doing their job should be walking the streets with no job, paycheck, or pension and NO access ever again to a job in their field. 10,000/20,000 (more or less) laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines concerning firearms use, ownership, and owners and they want more of them? BS. If just ONE of the drones had just done the job they were hired to do with the many tools they already have Mr. Cruz would not have been walking around free and/or un medicated/over medicated. And if he was out and about he would have been committing this act with an "assault plastic spork". All this uproar just makes me believe even more so that this is only about control. Just another form of "Waco" is what I see.

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They don't care about the children, only care about getting what they want.

18. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Chelloveck I read up just very little on Australia’s gun laws. One thing I saw was the Queen will not let you have a pistol for self protection. You cannot use self protection as a reason to buy a weapon.

BTPost likes this.
  19. chelloveck

The Queen also does not permit her 'subjects' to masturbate as a spectator sport in public, though, like possessing a firearm for self defence, some people find creative ways to achieve that object without getting themselves flogged with a cat o' nine tails.

Convict Punishments - Primary SourcesConvict Punishments - Primary Sources

(though, truth to tell...there's quite a bit of public masturbation happening in the Australian Federal Parliament at the moment, concerning the current Deputy Prime Minister's prowess as an adulterous donor of sperm to a now unmarried mother to be.) * :LOL::LOL:but I digress....

First of all, let's dispose of the issue of the Queen's role in your post Gun control you should prepare for right now:

Unlike the POTUS, The Queen has no executive powers at any level of Australian government. That power is reserved, under Australia's constitution, to the Prime Minister of the day, and the cabinet that he appoints when a government is formed. Likewise each of the State and Territory governments. The Queen's role in government is strictly titular...(And in a king's case, strictly testicular ;))

titular | Definition of titular in English by Oxford Dictionaries

The Queen's powers are very limited, and limited by the Australian Constitution....Queen Betty, does not rule Australia as the absolute monarchs in Great Britain once did, so lets dispose of the misleading canard that Queen Betty herself legislates or enforces the laws in the ways that many uneducated Americans believe that she does.

Think of the Queen as a kind of national mascot, (like an army unit mascot), embodying the traditions, history,and aspirations of the people whom she represents....a good example of the relationship between a British sovereign, and the head of the executive government can be seen in King George VI and prime ministers Neville Chamberlain and Winston Churchill, exemplified in the film

Though I suspect that the nuance of that relationship between Sovereign and Prime Minister The Queen and Government will be lost to many Americans...particularly those who still have their heads fixated on King George III.

The British Queen's or KIng's (or Regent's) duties are largely formal and ceremonial; and a large tourist draw, oddly, for many Americans pining for the kind of pomp and circumstance that their own form of government lacks. (though El Presidente Drumpf seems inclined to change that situation....apparently he wants his armed services' feet to march to the beat of his Twitter tweets...a pace that would make Brit light infantry marching look like laggards *) :rolleyes:

Answering your implied question about self defence being a reason...or non reason for licit fire arm possession will have to wait for a following post....

In the meantime, here's some light reading for you....
    Licence and Genuine Reasons - NSW Police Public Site

Basted Barnaby on the barbecue - News

and some light viewing....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. fl4848
  3. BTPost
  4. BTPost
  5. Matei
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Yard Dart