Gun control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Watch this oh the julis Bishop girl no relation.

2. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

And this is what would happen right after they take them.

3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day

"The Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois voted on Monday to ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of assault weapons and large capacity magazines to "increase the public's sense of safety." What's more, CBS Chicago reports, anyone refusing to give up their banned firearm will be fined $1,000 a day until the weapon is handed over or removed from the town's limits. "

Now I'm no legalese purveyor or cunning linguisticyst but it would seem to me that this is a direct violation of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." And the way that I understand it is that the Costitution is the Law of the Land and that a small city or even single person can not over rule the Constitution. But hey, what do I know.

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Hmmm. What a delightful way for someone to make a large amount of money from a small town.

Just drive in with an "assault rifle" attached to the top of your car in a welded steel display case that doesn't open without the application of a sledgehammer or a chop saw and a great big placard that says "Gun Ownership is a Constitutionally Protected Right!"

Have the entire display case welded to the top of the car, so they can't just do a smash & grab robbery.

And skip the puny safety glass: put in 1" Lexan, with full width spacers in between.

Park in the lot in front of the Town Hall, which is probably very close to the local Cop Shop.

Put a couple of small American flags at each side of your Free Speech display, and add a stack of handouts for the interested public.

You know, the usual:

Constitution, U.S.
    Annotated Rulings of the United States Supreme Court (Highlighted)
    "Guns for a Free America" (If you can't find that one, give me a call: I'll write it for you.)
    and of course
    "The Communist Plan to Disarm America". (just ask any Communist for one. They have plenty. Or ask any Liberal. Same bunch.

Be sure to have your assistants in place with their hidden cameras rolling and the shotgun mikes hot-hot-hot when you pull in.

About 11.02 seconds later the po-po will probably arrive to arrest, cite, confiscate, tow away, etc.. etc.

The fun will begin when the clowns try to open the case.

Gotta seize the evidence, you know.

Think Keystone Kops here.

First they force the handover of the key to the skinny little padlock on the front.
    Then they take off the lock and discover the case won't open.
    Then they try to make you open it.
    Then they try forty-seven ways to pry it open, cut it open, smash it open, of just rip it off the car entire.

(This is where you dub the clown music in on the YouTube video.)

Finally, they just try to tow the car away.

How odd. All the tow points seem strangely fragile.

(Note: Try to arrange for them to rip the entire rear axle out as they try to raise the car. It would be nice if you could get the front wheels to fall of on command, too. Hmmm. Must be a reason you were driving a rusty old beater...)

And when you finally get to court, and they sentence you to life X 147, that's when you sue their socks off.

The true moment of beauty would be suckering one of the cops into admitting they know the law in UN-Constitutional--you know, man to man, and off the record, maybe thinking you'll cooperate if they know you're right but are only doing what they have to...

This could be fun, as well as profitable.

I'll drive.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Get Teddy Nugent to go into Town, with an AR10’ and the City Attorney knows he has the Cash, and Legal Cousel to go the distance all the way to SCOTUS WITH HIS CASE..... Wonder how fast the City Legal Fees would become unsustainable, and they would be forced to drop the charges

3M-TA3, enloopious and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I've been a student of military history for 40 years and first noticed the anti-gun movement in the mid 1980's. All these years of study, shelves lined with old dusty books, trying to stay current on the latest attack on the Second Amendment, and now I find that I've missed many important details.

The whole fighting off slaves thing...I COMPLETELY missed that. Whew! I'm soooo glad the learned and wise Larry King was on the ball, and caught that! Perhaps somebody can point me to the papers of George Washington, or Alexander Hamilton where they mentioned this? Or was it in the lost federalist issues?

I've always admired the brevity and clarity that The Founders used in drafting the first ten amendments. Perhaps Kurt Eichenwald will take out a few full page ads in Firearms News and enlighten us on just how the new amendment would read when we "...try again with an amendment that makes sense." This from a guy who says the Second Amendment has "nothing...nothing to do with modern America."

Let me go dress my flints and burnish the barrel on my Brown Bess. At least that should be "permitted" by the powers that be.
    permit | Definition of permit in English by Oxford Dictionaries
    Oh, but, but, but,.....(the horror!) that's a SEVENTY FIVE CALIBER firearm! We can't have THAT!
    I read somewhere that you could shoot down aircraft with stuff like that.

This is some disturbing stuff. Might be time to go to my "safe space." There's a 1911 that I've been meaning to polish the trigger on. ;-)

3M-TA3, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. enloopious

This brings up an interesting point. When the people vote on things like this do they have any idea that it WILL be challenged and that THEY are the ones paying for it and not some politician? I mean if you are stupid enough to vote like this you are taking money out of your own pocket.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What we see here, is a failure to think thru to logical conclusion by the lcd sheep. They follow the emotional lead for immediate gratification, not the proper end result.

9. enloopious

Well of course. That is the only way to get the stink bomb in the door... deception. Emotion always leads to bad decisions.

Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and ghrit like this.
  10. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

It's apparent this town knows nothing about unintended consequences. Just watch and see the crime rate skyrocket.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

hmmm...

"The Supremacy Clause does not grant power to any federal actor, such as Congress. It deals with resolving conflicts between the federal and state governments once federal power has been validly exercised." (Heritage Guide to the Constitution)

“One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offence to keep arms.” Consequently, one of the purposes of the Second Amendment “is to secure a well-armed militia. . . . But a militia would be useless unless the citizens were enabled to exercise themselves in the use of warlike weapons. To preserve this privilege, and to secure to the people the ability to oppose themselves in military force against the usurpations of government, as well as against enemies from without, government is forbidden by any law or proceeding to invade or destroy the right to keep and bear arms."

The S is hitting the F, America!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

:D Good! Let the well-meaning, but badly confused legislators in Deerfield, IL do exactly that! Why? Because there isn't going to be anything for those morons to ban, anyway—That is why!

(HINT: The federal government took care of banning 'assault rifles' all the way back in 1934; and, unfortunately, the naïve and gullible American public of the day allowed their, then sitting, congress to get away with what should have been a clearly recognized violation of the Second Amendment!)

I find this particular topic to be really annoying—Especially when America's (not too bright) Senator Diane Feinstein delivers another one of her incessant harangues against her imaginary 'Evil Black ASSAULT Rifles'!

So, rather naturally, the question of: "What is an 'assault rifle' comes up?"

Here we go! The AR-15 family of firearms has long been misidentified by America’s sensationalist news media and certain government ‘media stars’ as being an ‘assault rifle’. Well, isn't it about time someone mentioned that the semiautomatic, civilian model AR-15 is not now, nor ever has been capable of performing as an assault rifle!

A genuine assault rifle must be able to deliver sustained, fully automatic, and suppressive gunfire—Something which no civilian AR-15 is, as originally manufactured, capable of doing.

Here's another interesting fact: After more than 100 years of consistent American military policies for the Army and Marines to be frugal and use ammunition both sparingly and with a high degree of accuracy, the American military has finally realized that taking precise single shots, and using ammo-conserving mechanical gizmos like 3 shot burst controls actually prevent soldiers from effectively overrunning and taking swift control of the battlefield. This salient fact is especially true whenever combat is conducted at close quarters as in most, if not all, MOUT engagements.

In the future American assault rifles (real ones, now) will not be fitted with any sort of limited burst control. Instead there will be only two distinct fire-control settings on tomorrow's M16's, M4's, and the closely associated Marine Model M27 variants: Selective single-shot/semiautomatic fire, and high capacity/full automatic (assault) fire.

It should be patently obvious—even to the sensationalist and (definitely) foreign controlled, organized news and congressional 'media people'—that a thoroughly 'neutered', and strictly semiautomatic, civilian model AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle—Never has been, and never will be either!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  13. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

WOW the will get a lot of fines, the police will refuse so $1,000 a day per.NICE
    And any 3 letter agency WOW again,Chicago will be a rich city.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The city was a corrupt from the beginning, now they feel free to show their true colors.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Sorry officer, I took mine out of the town limits....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7