Gun Control

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Apr 16, 2018.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Mark Robinson

Capt. Tyree, Celt, BlueDuck and 7 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, Baby... That guy speaks for ME, and for the rest of Us “The Silent Majority”...

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Mr. Robinson has got it almost right. He just needs to remember that an unconstitutional laws is void, and he has no duty to follow it.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yea buddy, Preach it!!!!

5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

yea he gets it ! and I agree

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This guy told them like it is, no bullshit! I hope some of what he said sank in!!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He thinks like my county sheriff.

8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Good county sheriff, ghrit.

We used to have a leftist here. He ignored one individual who kept causing problems and had mental issues, because the guy was the son of another long time county employee. One day the time bomb Jared Loughner went off and six people died. Representative Gabby Giffords, who was good friends with the leftist sheriff, suffered permanent brain damage. Now she and her husband go around the country stumping for more gun control.

We have a little bit better county sheriff who seems to, for the moment at least, to be a little more respectful of gun rights.

Most mass shootings of late seem to have one thing in common. Once the name is released the cops pipe up and announce "Oh yeah, we knew about that guy".

Well... WTF?

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Pretty easy answer. The public is conditioned to sympathize with the perps until caught in the act. Then they whine because their sympathies obstructed anything that may have been done.

SB21, Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  10. hot diggity

I remember this view well, although I preferred the other end of the line. I shot the pin out of many of those spotters. :) That's my kind of gun control.

Butts.

11. hot diggity

And it's not just the thousands of guys who can build a gun with parts from Lowe's or a screen door, or lawn mower that they have to worry about. How about the guys that just turn to alternative weapons? Like this guy.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/hunt-on-for-hitman-who-posed-as-delivery-guy-shot-woman-with-crossbow/

The more stuff that's restricted, the more mess is likely. The anti's fool themselves into imagining that without firearms, violence will just cease. Tell that to the parents of April Torres. Her body had to be identified from dental records. The weapon? Fists.

12. hot diggity

13. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

These few words sum up my thoughts on the entire matter:

"...shall not be infringed."

"Come and take them."

14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

Bubba said it quite memorably. This is from 14 August 2010. He's an interesting speaker, but you can skip ahead to the 10 minute mark for the 2A part.)

16. hot diggity

I heard an interesting numbers today. CCW permits in one North Carolina county now exceed 25,000. (there are 100 counties in NC) The Sheriff's office used to process 30 permits in a month. Now it's 20 per day. Permit is for five years. With a current permit the CCW permit holder fills out a 4473 for a firearm purchase, but no call is necessary to NICS.

When you hear about record NICS hits, consider how many sales are taking place that aren't on the tally. :)

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  17. hot diggity

18. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    If you know the correct answer, you should have spares, know how to make replacements with simple hand tools, have one or two of these parts hanging on your key ring.

There are two kinds of M16/AR15 owners, those who have lost a firing pin retaining pin, and those that will. I lost mine in the snow, during a match, but I already had a spare. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Back in the 80's during a deployment , me and a Pfc were finishing up cleaning our rifles , I had finished mine , then suddenly , we start receiving incoming fire . we grabbed our gear and ran to our hole where the Pfc was finishing putting his rifle back together , then started freaking out because he couldn't find his retaining pin . Luckily , he found the pin , and we both learned the lesson you are speaking of .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    ….unless you're using your (broken) gun buy-back money to buy new guns. ;-)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7