Second Amendment Gun grabs have started. Anyone know this guy?

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by tacmotusn, Feb 2, 2013.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

DHS Raids Gun Collector - Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns - No Charges Filed : Freedom Outpost
    On Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security, along with a SWAT team and Bernalillo County sheriff’s deputies raided the home of Robert Adams in Albuquerque, New Mexico and, according to a federal search warrant affidavit the raid seized nearly 1,500 firearms from the man’s home and business. However, no charges have been filed against him, despite the fact that court documents reveal that agents had been watching Adams for years.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well that is ONE New Mexico Sheriff, that doesn't support the Constitution...his constituents should make their displeasure know, next Election Cycle....

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

If he has any sort of FFL , being a collector, they had better have given him an inventory list of what they siezed, and better hope none come up missing. It's a buku federal offense to 'Steal' a weapon from a Federal Firearms License holder.

Just saying that this could be fun if he has a license and his book is correct ;)

Anyway, there is probably more to the story that we know at this time.

I've not investigated importation of firearms to any great extent, but when i did look at that, erm, lots of flaming hoops to get hung up on and burned to a crispy piece of bacon.

Same thing with not keeping your book in order. BATFE definately is not one group you want to see if you can bend their rules.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

True, but these were NOT BATFE Agents, these were Homeland Security Agents, so they would be looking at Customs and Import/Export Issues, rather than FFL Issues.. BATFE is a Justice Department Agency, and reports to Holder, NOT Big Sis.... I suspect they are looking for weapons that were smuggled in thru Canada, and if they can prove it, by tracing the weapons, they will make their case....

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

A non-FFL should be able to have a personal collection of 1500 arms.
    Having many guns is not a crime, perhaps they got him on thought crime?

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or something else. But I gotta wonder why they let him go and kept the arms. Zumzing iz schtinky.

7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Is that snow I see outside or the last remmnants of the Constituition wafting down ?

8. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Not that there isn't something fishy going on here but they do claim in the article:
    And

Even if he has an FFL, he has to import correctly, as VisuTrac stated but you would expect the ATF to be involved.

Of course it may be that they just "wanted the guns off the streets" and wanted to test the waters. It may have had nothing to do with breaking the law and everything to do with confiscation. After all, the entire state of NM is now in record as having said NO to enforcing illegal federal gun laws...but if this guy broke "legal" laws, WELL THEN...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7