Second Amendment Gun Open Carriers Lacking Discernment

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Yard Dart, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    Bearing ArmsLong Gun Open Carry Idiots Cost Us AGAIN, This Time in Washington State - Bearing Arms

kellory and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Well, I guess you can't fix stupid. This is tantamount to intimidation and will unfortunately have the opposite of the desired effect for gun owners in Washington. Lawmakers are paranoid to start with and all this does is raise their collective hackles...

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

The writer is a typical arrogant, self-satisfied fool calling people names because he disagrees with their methodology...like far too many supposedly for gun rights. They are for gun rights as long as people do things their way.

Piss off, Mr. Owens.

4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Nan, too early.

5. Pax Mentis

Compromise and taking into account the tender feelings of anti-gun folks has worked so well over the past 50 years...that is the way we should obviously operate. Don't want to scare them or they may take away more rights and we are at their mercy...[/sarcasm]

6. Stealth Camper

Stealth Camper wild foodie

I agree somewhat with the article in that protests like these may do more harm than good to the open carry movement, but because of others fears of "scaring people" with guns. However, I also agree with Pax that the writer sounds to me like a sanctimonious butt munch.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I don't want to see this kind of mugging for the camera. It didn't go well for the sniper on the bridge (Bundy's cattle), it didn't go well here, and it seldom has a good influence on 2A issues. (IMHO.)
    A gun should not be in hand unless it is in use.
    This is why we shake hands when greeting folks, to show we do not hold a weapon.
    Beating your sword on your shield is not a bargaining tactic, it is for intimidation purposes. It is intended to instill fear.

tulianr and stg58 like this.
  8. Pax Mentis

I guess maybe I could be clearer.

I do not advocate the type of demonstration these guys put on and would not participate. I don't even like to open carry because it attracts to much attention to me and I have dealt with all of the "attention" I wish to in my daily life.

However, I am not so sure that my way is better, much less the only valid way to approach things. I do know that we slipped into the situation in which we now find ourselves due to complacency and compromise and I am not much into catering to the fears and prejudices of the anti-gunners. I also cannot see pronouncing others to be idiots and "knuckle draggers" because they believe in a more direct approach than I do and take action. To be honest, I don't think intimidation AT THIS POINT IN TIME is probably the best way to go, but I also think it is about as likely to have a positive effect in the long run as agreeing to just have our right raped "a little bit". Not only that...it certainly has a far better chance of mobilizing gun rights supporters to action than writing diatribes calling other supporters every insult except "progressive" because you disagree with their method.

Byte and BTPost like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Yard Dart
  4. tacmotusn
  5. Tully Mars
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. GOG
  9. Yard Dart
  10. bmtm09
  11. Yard Dart