Gun owners are a bunch a fools

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Don't get your hackles up . . . it's a good read. I think the title was to get your attention.

Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?

As an aside: I wrote a letter to Hank Johnson . . . I just wonder if now the sheriff will come by and eye f my house.

Are American Gun Owners a Bunch of Fools?

by Administrator on January 24, 2013
    Quick Links:
    Find and Contanct your Representative in the US House by Zip Code:
    Find Your Representative · House.gov
    Contact Your Senators :
    http://www.senate.gov/
    The American gun owning public is being duped again, just like we were duped the two weeks before the election when we were convinced that Romney was ahead by several percentage points. The media, including our “friends” at Fox, Drudge, and other “conservative” outlets, are attempting to sell us the concept that the “assault weapon ban” legislation can’t pass, and this is a lie. We are told that Bill Clinton sternly warned his party that they will be punished in the mid-terms, and that the NRA is “too powerful” for any real legislation to make it through congress. This is also a lie. Behind our backs, the political machine is crafting public opinion in what have become the majority voting blocks to convince national and state legislators that they are safe for the next election… and they are safe. American gun owners didn’t show up in force for the last election, and we are not feared as a voting block any longer. Don’t be a fool and believe it when they tell us we can’t lose. We are going to get beaten again if we don’t act. And this time it isn’t a slippery slope. This time they are going to outlaw an entire class of guns with no loopholes.
    If you are on the GunsAmerica email list, or you are clicking in from the website, you are probably a gun owner of some type (or you are desperately trying to buy your first gun before they ban them), and you may feel that we are “preaching to the choir.” But there is also a 90% chance that YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED YOUR LEGISLATORS to let them know that you are strongly against any kind of weapon ban, or any increase in our national or state gun laws whatsoever.
    You are silent, because you think it is someone else’s job. But it is your job, and you have to make yourself be heard. Call and email your legislators today.
    The NRA came into this fight almost a month late and their response has been anything but well received. Even though President Obama’s kids are guarded by armed guards in schools, and even though Dianne Feinstein actually possesses one of San Francisco’s few concealed carry permits, the very sane suggestions of the NRA have fallen on mostly deaf ears. The media , including Fox, has beat up Wayne Lapierre and is inflating every shooting incident in the country right now, trying to keep the gun control energy as high as possible, so that the legislators will have the courage to vote against the wishes of the majority of their constituents. The only way they can do this is their constituents, meaning YOU, remain silent.
    You must call and write your legislators today. Let them know that you know who they are. You know their name, and you will remember how they voted come election day. Don’t just use the web form, and don’t just call their Washington, DC numbers. Call their local numbers and tell their staffers that you and ever gun owner you know will be watching them, and funding their opponents if they vote for this ineffective and stupid legislation. At some point you have to take action, and you have to go that extra step, and now is the time.
    Most gun owners, like most of America, are ignorant to world history. Most people don’t know that Kristallnacht, the famous “night of broken glass” in Germany in 1939, was actually a gun roundup. It is considered the beginning of the Holocaust, but what most people leave out is that Hitler published sweeping gun confiscation legislation on November 11, 1938, the day after the famous Nazi rioting. You will find the same gun confiscations in the pages of the dictatorial and murderous takeovers of China, Cambodia, Ukraine and throughout history. The first thing every government spinning out of control does is register the guns. Then they round up the guns. Then they declare martial law, putting the military in charge. Do you feel like America has been heading in the right direction? Do you wonder why “prepping” has become more popular than NASCAR? The government knows that America is a powder keg waiting to pop, and they are trying to use a manufactured crisis to take away your guns.
    In President Obama’s speech, which took place right in the middle of SHOT Show of course, he played to “law abiding gun owners,” specifically calling out to our petition that we all signed at the beginning of this crisis. The President actually had the nerve to say that this wasn’t about politics and the tactics of a dictatorial regime, despite the fact that rifles, including AR-15 and other magazine fed rifles, are only used in a tiny percentage of gun violence. He even admitted this during the debates. He was appealing to middle class casual gun owners and hunters. They want us to turn on ourselves. They want the old hunting crowd to say “I don’t know why anyone would need a gun like that,” or “why would you need a magazine with more than 7 rounds.” They want the Ipad generation to fall into lockstep with their ideals, and for the old hunting crowd to back them up. We saw it at SHOT Show. Hunters are historically traitors to the 2nd Amendment, and this will be no different.
    The people who outvoted us this past November don’t believe in the Constitution. The Ipad generation believes what they see on TV. While all those TV personalities hire armed guards and carry guns themselves to protect their own life and property, they are building public opinion against our 2nd Amendment freedom to keep and bear arms. The Ipad generation doesn’t understand the nature of mankind, and the implicit design of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Holocaust was 60 years ago, not 600 years ago YOU TOUCHSCREEN ADDICTED IDIOTS. This isn’t about President Obama. It isn’t about what happens next month or next year. The 2nd Amendment must be preserved if our freedom is to be preserved. If we give anything today it will be the next thing we give at the next crisis, then the next thing we give at the next crisis, until we are all defending ourselves with airguns like they do in European Union today. Please contact your legislators today.

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials | The Weekly Standard

This has got to STOP. These people are not royalty. This kind of bs is straight out of Animal Farm.

In essence, only the govt. can have weapons that are not obviously hunting in nature. This is where hunters (see above) are going to screw the Constitution and agree: "I'm a duck hunter...I don't need an AR or hi-cap mags." I know more than a few hunters who see things this way--"survivalists" are seen as paranoid gun nuts who probably need to be committed (remember that mil surplus store owner in Falling Down?)

Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

Not everyone will have to abide by Senator Dianne Feinstein's gun control bill. If the proposed legislation becomes law, government officials and others will be exempt.

"Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel," the Washington Times reports.

The Huffington Post confirms these exemptions, and adds that guns owned prior to the legislation becoming law will be permissble, too. "[T]he bill includes a number of exemptions: It exempts more than 2,200 hunting and sporting weapons; any gun manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action; any weapons used by government officials and law enforcement; and any weapons legally owned as of the date of the bill's enactment."

The bill's measures include stopping "the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic," according to the Huffington Post.
    The left-leaning website adds: "Other new provisions include requiring background checks on all future transfers of assault weapons covered under the bill and eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original ban to expire."

Brokor likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

They go broad and dig deep hoping they will be able to retain even a small portion of their bill...

But they will either fail or we will have us a showdown. My vote is on fail.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Ms Feinstein not only carries a 357 with an unrestricted conceal carry permit she also has a armed bodyguard. An unrestricted permit means if Ms Feinstein would been in the gun free zone Aurora theater, she was legal carrying a gun even in a San Francisco theater or court room she is legal where you aren't.

Yet, they are willing to disarm us on the basis they are special. What ever happened to equal rights and the most precious things are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Without life, the others are meaningless, so what makes them better?

CATO likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's red...just like ours.
    royal_blood_by_alvaro59-d4mcy4g.

6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

The Seven Commandments are reduced to a single phrase: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".-Animal Farm

BTPost likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I can agree with their being part of the animals.

Although it took me a lifetime, I can now understand why after the communists take over they always lead them to the killing fields.

9. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

it does not mater what you shoot even for "hunting" its what you are comfortable with and what you like to shoot. Me i don't like the ar or ak I favour the old bolt action of a 30-06 or a revolver .for me I know I have a limited amount of rounds so I practice every chance I can. feinstine just wants to outlaw guns so only she and her elite have them

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

As it can make one more than equal to a few, a semi is a force multiplier

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I say Feinstein, is a delusional Paranoid, and should be REQUIRED to turn in Her Handgun, and lose her Weapons Rights, because of her demonstrated long history of Paranoia against Weapons Ownership. Why does she think, all the rest of US Citizens, are out to get her?

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

To me, it remains a tossup which needs to be "corrected" first, fineswine or pelotick. Fineswine is getting the press now, betcha pelotick is chomping at the bit for another shot at the top of the heap, presswise.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7