Gun ownership question.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VisuTrac, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Your House, Your rules..

Not to sound like some A-hole wife beating, knuckle dragging Neanderthal, but lay down the law to the old gentleman and your wife.

Remind the old gentleman that he is a "GUEST" in your HOME. If he does not abide by the rules (and from what you have posted, he is EXTREMELY dangerous to himself and others) he has the choice to leave. If you use this card, you will need the backbone to back it up. Had the same problem with my oldest. He left for a short time, but he is now back following the rules and has become a real asset in the farm. Not only do I love him dearly, but I actually like him and enjoy his company.

This comes off sounding like I am a first class ass, but it by todays standards I probably am.[peep]

Gafarmboy

beast, VisuTrac, STANGF150 and 2 others like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Cost are going to be a bit more 'beer budget' than 'champagne'

240 for rifle and 440 rds of ammo
    300 for shotgun (rem 870 or mossberg) I'm going to suggest youth model light weight.
    300 for keltec pf9 (he wants a pocket pistol)
    and 125 for ccw training.

so for less than a grand he's a shooting

I'm looking at making sure he get a box of silver bear 203gr to beat the hell out of his shoulder on the mosin.

3 in slugs with max dram eqv. for the lightweight 20 ga.

and a box of the hottest 9mm with the sharpest recoil i can find (any suggestions?) I was thinking polish surplus.

plus, he's going to need a membership to a shooting range. As i'm not wanting him shooting here.

probably going to go down like:
    Yep, you can get a gun but you are going to need an official range for practice and sight in as MY yard doesn't need lead all over.

no carry on property.
    no ammunition in guns while in storage
    magazines stored separately from guns
    guns locked up when not being cleaned or transported to and from shooting range.

I reserve the right to bust out the dremel tool to adjust the firing pins and/or to make improvements to guns function.

also the yellow sponges soaked in salt water may become necessary of the rules are violated or if i just feel like it.

3. beast

beast backwoodsman

get him an old muzzle loader 50 cal
    send him to a range and have him shoot it all day
    tell him when he can handle that without any probs youll talk turkey....lo0l

Falcon15, BTPost and STANGF150 like this.
  4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I've got it buy him a gun in a kit that he has to build, take out a peice or two. Then give it to him in the box and tell him if you want a gun you have to build it. If he does get it built tell that he must ha lost the peices so he failed the test. If not it will be hours of quiet time for you while he is trying.

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. sixfifty

sixfifty Monkey+

Nip it in the bud. If you feel he is not capable of safely handling/owning firearms you need to tell him so and explain why you feel that way. And if he disagrees, he is welcome to leave fast enough to keep the door from hitting him in the butt on the way out.

6. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

You might convince him to have his eyes examined (or maybe his head) before you would even consider letting him shoot any of your guns again.

7. VisuTrac

I'm leaning towards the jumper cables and sponge thing. I guess I must be wired different than most.:D

8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I vote electroshock. Nuff said.

9. Falcon15

Uhm. Well, I suggested it in the first place. What does that make me? Oh, I remember the phrase my ex-wife used in divorce court...
    Oh, yeah. SADISTIC BASTARD.

VisuTrac and Sapper John like this.
  10. beast

beast backwoodsman

you sadistic bastard falcon :p

Falcon15 likes this.
  11. beast

beast backwoodsman

get an old gun that you can make look pretty and new
    rip out its insides and add an ignition coil and a battery
    fix it so when he pulls the trigger
    WHAM!!!!!
    he wont do it twice

STANGF150 and Alpha Dog like this.
  12. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

This is the kind of 9mm loads I carry and it will rock his world in that pistol.

DoubleTap Ammunition

VisuTrac likes this.
  13. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Nothing hotter than the Winchester Ranger RA9TA (Talon)- .9mm +P+ 127grn SXT

their like $28 bucks for a box of 50... FYI this is the old Black Talon line... just renamed so the gun-grabbers leave them alone...

So you know "9mm" no other markings is standard "9mm +p" is hotter "9mm +p+" is as hot as you can get without blowing up your gun.. that's how their rated

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Check your O&M, some 9s cannot handle +P+.

VisuTrac likes this.
  15. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

very true... and how I cracked the frame of a Poly framed gun... of course no where in the owners manual did it say not too...

16. VisuTrac

cracked frame might not be all that bad

GrandpaDave likes this.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

PF9 would not be able to handle the +P+ ammo, that's why I went with the +P, or maybe +P+ is what you want??? Just depends if you want him to be afraid of the pistol and sell it or have a broken pistol to throw away.

18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Christ if he can hit a power line what a shot! Why should you worry about that?

19. Falcon15

He was aiming at a raccoon less than 15 yards from him.

20. VisuTrac

with a shotgun !!

I joke that he'd not be able to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, but i have holes to prove otherwise.

Falcon15 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7