Gun Rights March

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Listen my children and you shall hear Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere, On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five; Hardly a man is now alive Who remembers that famous day and year.

Paul's ride started late on the 18th and ran well into the 19th. Longfellow embellished things a bit, but his version of the story is plenty close enough.

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

April 19th 1993
    Government forces, trampling on Posse Comitatus, launch a military raid against American citizens. Burning down their home and church killing 70 men, women, and children.
    Survivors were charged with murder for the killing of federal agents in the original raid. They were found not guilty by a jury in the great state of Texas. Arrested leaving the court house and charged, convicted, and imprisoned by the federal government for "gun charges".

Seems like a very appropriate date to me.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Jeez what rock have I been under??:oops::oops:
    (half-wit I tell ya!)[slow][slow][slow]:)

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Apri 19th 1943 Warsaw Ghetto-Poland

On April 19, 1943, the police and SS auxiliary forces entered the Ghetto under the command of SS-Oberführer Ferdinand von Sammern-Frankenegg, planning to clean out insurgents who had begun an uprising in January. But Jewish insurgents, who shot and launched Molotov cocktails and hand grenades at them from alleyways forced them to halt the exercise and withdraw.
    SS-Oberführer Ferdinand von Sammern-Frankenegg was replaced by Brigadeführer Jürgen Stroop who proceeded with a better organized assault that included artillery support and on April 29, 1943, the Jewish resistance was crushed.

It took the Nazi's longer to take a few city blocks from starving resistors with mainly home made weapons than to take the entire country of France from a well armed army.

Yep. An appropriate date.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7