Gun show today 12/31/2011

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by radpug, Dec 31, 2011.

1. radpug

radpug Monkey+

I haven't been to a show since earlyer in the year.
    Holly crap what up with the prices, most stuff started around
    600-700.
    Is there no cheap, reliable guns any more?
    Modern tech should beagle yo pump out some standard
    Fire arms.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Our local gunshow has become what I call the "Rolling Arms Museum" - same overpriced guns each time - the 'deals' are long gone. Prices on new guns same as local shops, prices on milsurps way higher than online sources. Ammo the same. Reloading gear in short supply and priced same as the shops. No reason to waste the entry fee, and put up with the crowd.
    Tired of walking by the hordes of beef jerky and cheap Chinese knives and decorator swords too.

Dogfood and ditch witch like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I quit going a few years ago also and for pretty much the same reasons.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Y'all left out the roaming BATF agents trying to find someone breaking an obscure rule so they can call in SWAT to abuse everyone present.[stirpot]

Dogfood and larryinalabama like this.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Ive seen 2 ATF hanging out at our local gas station because the cashier accidently sold a pac of cigeretts to someone under 18.

6. radpug

radpug Monkey+

Yes you are very right, I just was amazed at the prices.

franks71vw likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

The last two we went to were a mixture of Antique Roadshow, Gats R Us, El Guapo Blades, and Beef Jerky Alley. Other than reloading equipment, which was all grossly overpriced, we didn't see anything of interest. I wanted another G21sf and a Mossberg 500. Only 1 of the former and none of the latter were to be found, and the Glock was $200 more than my usual dealer sells them for in his shop.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7