gun show

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

We had a gunshow tonight,I haven't been to one in a while( just makes me want to buy stuff I really don't need)Prices were up(?). lots of dpms rifles,fudd guns and sig pistols; 4 fnc 5.7x28 bullpups (+$2200) 7.62x39 200 round plastic packaged "battlepack" $150! wolf softpoint $7.00/20rnds.remington 700 psp in .308 or.223 $600 and some vtr's $750, the psp was the only thing really gotme going. sig mosquitos $400-$430 Lots of .223 about.[boozingbuddies]

2. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

ouch $150 for 200 rnds. can you say gouging. I've heard alot lately about gun show prices being exorbatently inflated. There is one nearby me this weekend. I plan on stopping by to see the "attempted rape"

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That just makes me too angry to verbalize.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

yeah the only thing I would of grabbed the debit card and risked:"the wrath of spouse" for would've been a "sierra-hotel" deal on 7.62x39 like 500 for $120.

5. enough

enough Monkey++

Interesting. I got a report from a gun show here in MI. It was about ten miles north of good old Flint, MI. (Meaning large unemployment base)

Ammo prices were consistent with bulk sales online, and decent AR were going for $1000. While its inflated, its not exactly gouging, IMO.

Tango, it looks like you must have had some buyers in your market. The MI AR market has been holding steady at 1200 for the last couple months, but the prices are starting to fall. I don't expect them to drop much more. Just about every shop has a couple on the racks right now. Supply has caught back up.

Just an observation from a poor state. ;)

6. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Just got back from gun show in FL.

200 rnds 7.62x 39 FMJBT $70

$8000 for a WW1 trench gun

$3200 for .50cal bmg

$650 Saiga 12

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

wow $70.00!

8. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Yeah I was like wow too. so I bought one. still a bit pricey at 35cents a round. At ammotogo.com they have yugo surplus 7.62 x 39 600 rnds all on stripper clips for $170, (28cents/rnd) it's brass, but corrosive. no big deal on corrosive, just have to wash barrell with water after shooting it to remove the corrosive salts. (ref. box-o-truth.com) cool shooting site if you've never seen it.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Man I wish I could hit a gun show. I hope there is still gonna be plenty of time.

ha! oh the irony.

10. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Slug,
    Use windex with Ammonia that will work out alot better i think. i use it on my 8mm barrels on my 1919 barrels and they are clean as a whistle...

11. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

cool thanks for the tip

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7