1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

gunbroker is a disease

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Sharpie44, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

Much like alcoholism.

Anyone interested in outbidding me on this .410

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=139478246

I must have been drunk when I bid on it. I already have a 20 ga pump and I have no idea what i would do with a .410. The ammo's not even cheep anymore.

I think I screwed myself. I should block myself from gunbroker. I put about 5-10 bids on stuff every night. Just low ball stuff just on the off chance that by some marical I get a PSL $300. That and it's just fun to look around the site.

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

$100 for a .410 single shot? I must be getting OLD!

3. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

No your not that old I'm 23 and I can remember seeing them at the shows for much less but $100 is actually on the low end in these crazy times. i can probably turn around and sell it for $150 but that will take time.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I used to have that affliction, once bought a brand new Ruger Black Hawk for $299. I bought a bunch of stuff off of GB over the years, now I just try to stay away from it. Too tempting once I get to looking, like Emelda Marcos in a shoe shop.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I look but have never registered to bid. I know how I can be with purchases. I will stick to the gun shows.

Good luck w/ that 410.

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've picked up a couple of small items from GB. One was a bolt assembly for my Win 67 that I inherited.

When I can get the money, I may buy a gun that I can't get locally. It's not a 410 by the way. Good luck with the auction ;)

7. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

That receiver is gorgeous. Think about this, have it sleeved and rechambered to 5.45x39. The only thing that would be a problem is the ejector.

8. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

I didn't know you could do that. I would be very interested in doing something like that. Any idea how much something like that would cost?

9. dynoman

dynoman Monkey++

That's not a problem for me. Since I live in PRK (Cali) no one on GB will sell a firearm to me any way.
    Too much of a PITA for paperwork.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

My problem was I cannot get a doggone dealer here to answer my phone calls or emails about doing a transfer.....I have my C&R but no FFL....No need for the extra hassles!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7