Gunkid's brother? or just another Idiot giving preppers a bad name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

This card?

death-300.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Tarot?

4. chelloveck

Yes it's a Tarot card...but it ought to get the message across in a succinct way, lol.

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

in a SHTF scenario, I wouldn't waste it on a scumbag like this. Just put his head on a pike and be done with it.

I love it when people tell me "Oh, I'll just find a prepper/survivalist and take from them." Really, you don't think a prepper/survivalist will have a means of self defense? oh wait there was that one group on there that said they would welcome in the raiders and try to make friends with them. Sure you will.

6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

That was the 'New England Liberal's group. Loved the one guy who said if after inviting them to a feast/banquet to show them that there's more to be gained by joining them as opposed to raiding them, that the raiders were not friends, he'd slit their throats or poison their food or something. Yeah he's just as brilliant as those announcing to the world their plan to steal from everybody.

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

A Good Prepper, can't be Found! LoL An Survivalists tend to not build stockpiles of anything except ammo!

Alpha Dog likes this.
  8. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

After reading Game of Thrones I don't see myself attending any feasts hosted by potential enemies.

chelloveck, kellory and Alpha Dog like this.
  9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I like it PMs for the right reason.

10. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I don’t know guys and lady's I kind of like the out spoken ones who let it be known their plan for 2 main reasons first is I know who he is and by seeing who he hangs with I also know possible others from the group. Second with knowing who they are I am able to plan and prepare for them and when it's all over their supplies and weapons are now mine. (The hunter becomes the hunted). People like this talk and give all the details of their plans in the local bar or public gathering. Which usually consists of him and his crew getting drunk on Milwaukie Best and Mad Dog 20/20 loading up in the pickup hooping and hollering with AC/DC blasting on the CD player then charging off to complete their top secret mission that everyone in a 100 miles know about. Upon arriving at the location ends in them getting shot by what they thought was victims and losing what guns and ammo they did have.

Now being serious I do feel that there groups out there with this plan and will be a threat they are the ones who never talk about their plan and they have planned it everything from the group members and each members function on the raid, to the locations and obstacles they will possibly be faced with. These will be a threat to us all and know matter how well defended our post is and how prepared we are for them it will still cost us. From possibly one of our own being injured or even losing one of our own, the loss of ammo and medical supplies used to defend our post, to just making weak spots in our outer securities. Then another similar threat will be the unorganized bands of zombies who failed to prepare and are now wondering in groups trying to survive. Which these groups will also be amore of a threat to us than what we think. Because they will also weaken our outer securities and cost valuable supplies to defend our post. One of the biggest threats of the zombie crew is there will be so many of them who failed to prepare. They will keep coming, so the initial group you held off is now growing possibly for everyone put to sleep two will take his place. Because they will hear the defense taking place and just show up or some zombies will run and recruit others. Sorry I got off subject with the last part but it popped up and just wanted to make the possibility known.

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well there is also the problem that those that do make it to someone's BOL/BIL, even if they aren't successful, they might be contagious for something(they will not have been living healthy lives), and disposing of them would also be a health hazard. The fact that alot of them will die off not too long after a serious disaster does not help, because there's just so many of them. Mom says because our place looks like a piece of crap, it might not attract much attention in a SHTF scenario, but marauders would still see it as shelter. And mom might be a pacifist for the most part, but she knows I'd have no problem pulling the trigger. She also might not like guns, but she supports the 2nd Amendment because she knows what the alternative is.

12. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I have talked with several other likeminded families and we have all agreed we are close and have worked out a plan to assist each other with the defense of our Post if needed. We have also worked out a system to contact each other in a SHTF so that way we can keep track of the different areas and give each other a heads up if something is coming our way. But yes the dead will be just as big of a treat as well they will pollute the water, the air and even bring scavengers (coyotes, rats) and unknown disease

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The biggest issue with Zombie types is in the Cities, and Suburbs, after the Food Stores have been stripped. There is very little likelihood of the Zombies getting out into the Rural Areas. They just will not have the Transport to bring the Masses, out that far. The biggest threat from Groups of "Survivalists" with no Preps, is in Rural Areas, where a small Group can overcome individual Families, with no Mutual Assistance, from widely separated neighbors. In the last case, an local Area Defense Plan, and Mutual Assistance Agreement with the Neighbors is the ONLY way to go, as @Alpha Dog, has pointed out. For such a MAA to function, solid Comms is Mandatory, and SECURE Comms is very desirable. Once the intruders are spotted, the ADP, and MAA can be put into action, with Good Comms, to bring the Response to contact from different vectors, and ambush the Intruders, as they in the approach Phase, of the Attack. This will mostly be happening on the Road System, as mostly they will be moving by vehicle, and NOT on foot. You will need to be ready, Before they actually get unMounted, and into Attack Phase. ..... YMMV.....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  14. chelloveck

Bows, crossbows, and sound suppressed small-arms have a way of delivering whispering death without too much of a sound signature....however, once the zombies start shooting...there's little point in keeping to a "silence is golden strategy". ;)

oldawg and Alpha Dog like this.
  15. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

16. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

but IEDs are Red & Black!

Alpha Dog likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Lasers are red or green.

18. chelloveck

Tracer...whatever its colour (red or green) is never good coming your way!

19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And frogs in a blender go green, red, green, red, pink, pink, pink. So...what's your point?;)

20. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Going back to the original question posed by the title of this thread...I don't think GunKid's parents had any kids that lived...just sayin.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7