Guns I wish I'd never let go of?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Guns are expensive tools/toys but not so out of reach
    to make them unobtainable. Occasionally getting a new toy is fun; but
    I've never been wealthy so keeping household peace with our humble checkbook required me to do alot of swapping firearms. If I got the urge to "rearrange" the collection.

Thread:
    Which guns have you owned but for some reason sold/traded and regret it today?

I had a stainless commander and a ppk inthe closet in maryland I never shot either, We received orders for Germany and I needed cash to finish an R/c Airplane project, they both went to a local cop neighbor( way too cheap!:rolleyes::rolleyes:)
    OUCH STOOPID...
    Thenalong theway there was the 5.5" REDHAWK, 8-3/8 model 29 in a wooden case. and 7.5" super blackhawk, I didn't hunt and I never could bring myself to spend the cash to feed them.

Oh yeah and the k-frame S&w model 48 4" .22mag with sticky chambers that used to hang on to empties, the ejector rod left me a sore spot in the middle of my right palm..
    Damn...the kh-512 mentioned elsewhere anda T-512 bull barrel Mark1 ...
    craaaaap......
    I'm gonna quit before I do something rash...

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Do what rash, buy them back? :lol:
    I have a couple that really want to be gone, but they are in a way like pets; can't bear to part with them. I know I'd regret it in a very few days. (Especially my grandmother's 22, ruined by an incompetent smith.)

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

cut my wrists (fear and self-loathing in Wausau:rolleyes:)

And before anybody asks: "No"..
    (I changed my ways; quit reading gun rags, and ) I am not about to trade off /sell cheap or give away any more firearms ever again...

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, some I'd sure like to have back......

Ruger M77 old model with tang safety - .22-250. Laser-accurate heavy barreled varmint rifle - money got tight and I didn't NEED a varmint shooter, so I sold it.
    Ditto with my Ruger Blackhawk Convertible in .45 Colt/.45ACP. - First new handgun I had bought myself.
    TC Contender in .223Rem with Super 14 barrel and 4X scope. Scary accurate pistol at 100 yards, IF I could hold it securely.

Some were stolen....
    Mosin-Nagant converted Dragoon.
    Steyr M95M straight-pull short Stutzen Rifle (not the Carbine) in 8mm Mauser (little bugger KICKED!).
    Iver Johnson M1-22 Carbine - US marketed Erma EM1 in .22LR - FUN shooter!
    Enfield No.4 Mk.1 with scope - my hunting rifle at the time.

I think I know who stole them, but could never prove it short of breaking into HIS home.......

5. SoFarSoGood

SoFarSoGood Monkey+

I got rid of 2 MAK-90's, a Ruger p89 that my parents bought me when I graduated High School, and a Glock 17, which I sold to a friend who ended up flashing it to his ex girlfriends boyfriend, and got it confiscated! Those were some heart breakers.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

1953 browing sweet sixteen. not touched, no cracks, vented rib, no aftermarket buttpad nor after market choke. it was pristine. but was consolidating my ammo and it was the only 16ga. so. .. off to the sell stack.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I will be 60 next month. I bought and paid for my first gun a .410 single shot shotgun at 10 years of age. I had used a borrowed one the year before to kill my first fox squirrels and cotton tail rabbits under the watchfull eyes of my grandfather or dad. I had traded that shotgun and replaced it with savage/stevens over and under model 24 in .22lr/20 ga. Then I bought a .22mag to extend my range on groundhogs a little. The local landowners would hesitate to allow centerfire rifle shooters on their property but would often allow rimfire. Next was a 9 shot .22lr pistol by H&R.... it was that top break model with the vent rib and adjustable sights.
    If I was to continue this story it would go on and on and on.
    I would get seriously morose, and probably drunk..... I might even shed a tear. ..... after all some real gems have passed thru my hands after those above....
    a savage/stevens crackshot .22lr
    a remington rollingblock with 30in heavy octagon barrel in 25/20
    a 7.7mm japanese ariska take down paratrooper carbine
    a 9mm browning hp
    and too many more than I care to list
    I may have to buy another gunsafe, but I doubt I will sell another one.

8. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I sold my Khar Mk9 to a friend of mine right after he got his carry permit. I couldn't see him buying anything else for what he wanted/needed. I was going to use the money to start to save up for a Walther PPS; but after handling one I decided that the MK9 is the BEST pistol in its class.

9. rrand32118

rrand32118 Monkey+

The pain in my heart

Money got tight and I had to let go of My new .45acp S&W 457S and only after did I find out they quit making them, also at the same time went a new Marlin 880SQ .22LR and a new Remington 11-87P 12ga shotgun. They went to good homes but it feels like I lost some good friends in a car accident or something.

10. Rourke

Rourke Monkey++

Marlin Camp 9 and a bunch of hi-cap magazines.

Cost more used then they sold for new -

Oh well......

Rourke
    www.ModernSurvivalOnline.com

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I'll Be reading your site.

12. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I've had a BUNCH pass through my hands, but If I even THINK I might miss it I keep it.

I've seen too many stories like these.

But then, I don't even know how many S&W's I've got.

Keeps me from selling that P-14 limited I havn't shot in YEARS...

But If i wana... I can.:D

13. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

After reading the Mosin Nagant 91/30 thread.... I wish I still had that one.

(This space reserved for futures entries.... I am sure more will come back to me.)

I will add a Mossberg 590. Sold it to pay for a speeding ticket in college. Should have took a CC advance. Should drove slower on 840.

14. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

First and only gun I ever sold...my 92FS. Paid $666 (too much but I still have the receipt) for it when I turned 18. Sold it for $450 with less than 1k rounds through it in a broke moment 5 years later. :mad:[booze][hissyfit][notfunny]

Byte

15. ODS9091

ODS9091 Monkey+

Very interesting indeed.

16. XR750

XR750 Monkey+

I had a Marlin 783 .22 WMR with a cheap bushnel 4X scope. Made a 5 shots goup 75yds that I covered with a dime. Trade for I can't remember. I wish i kept it now.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

never owned a .22wmr rifle ( hada single six once )wanted one bad a few months ago...

18. NGA Gunsmith

NGA Gunsmith Monkey+

I traded my 92FS and that's really the only gun I regret letting go. It was too big for concealed carry and my compact Glock holds the same number of rounds but the Beretta was classy and smooth.

19. BRISEYIB

BRISEYIB Monkey+

I sold a Mini stainless ranch in the 90's that would not feed with high caps.
    Now with Ruger selling them I wish I had kept it.

20. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Too danged many!
    1-98K 8MM Mauser, original Nazi Model with an eagle on globe with a swatstika inside (I never fired, in mint condition)
    1-9mm carbine (NEW: I never fired)
    3- 12 ga. Mossbergs (I never fired)
    3-Moison-Nagant rifles, 1 customized (I never fired)
    1- M-1 carbine ( NEW: I never fired (copy, NOT original WWII) )
    1-Saiga 7.62x39 sporter rifle (NEW: I never fired)
    1-TEC-22 pistol w/50 rd magazine
    1-AB-10 9mm pistol w/32 and 50 rd mags ( NEW: I never fired)
    1-Savage combo, .22 mag/20 gauge
    1-1917 EDDYSTONE .30-06
    1-HP-22 pistol with 2 bbl/s and extended mags
    Far too many to recall anymore....
    Now I'm sad.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7