Guns I wish I'd never let go of?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I don't sell firearms. Which is probably why I can arm a squad with AKs/ARs/FALs.

tacmotusn, Sapper John and VisuTrac like this.
  2. Dutch

Dutch Monkey+

Oh...this thread makes me heartsick.....

When I was 18, my father gave me a NIB Ruger Mini-14 stainless and a Belgian A5 Browning 20ga. When I was 20 and newly married we had some serious financial struggles and I took them to a local pawn shop. The Ruger was still NIB and the A5 was 95%.

I got $300 on the pawn. And then....brace for it.....missed my second payment by 2 days.

Both guns, almost $1500 worth....gone forever.....

And now.....I need a [booze].

Thanks alot....

Dutch

3. Paladin44

Paladin44 Monkey+

I don't sell many but trade a few. Only 3 I regret selling were a P08 Luger and a Browning HP with eagle/swastikas on it. Last was a pistol gripped stainless 12ga. As said earlier, we were all young and foolish at one time in our lives. :cry:

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

13 Ar-15s
    2 Barretts
    1 Troy Industries SOPMOD
    1 1919 A4

Couple thousand rounds of .50 BMG :(

This was in late '07 when I was supporting my family without income for nearly a year.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Gun's i'm glad i got rid of...
    Marlin 10 ga. goose gun..when it went off i would have to pick up one side of my blind...
    Star 9mm..1911 copy...Its a beater...
    Kahr E-9..alway's bit me...
    12ga.dog leg with a 20'' barrel..Killed on both ends'....ccc

6. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

I would have to say the following rifle and pistol.I wish i had kept instead of selling them off ..

1-Tubbs TK2000 rifle set up for CMP 600.yard rifle and 1000.yard palma rifle along with dies and other items to make custom matched to the rifle highpower & palma rifle ammo & hardcase and cleaning kit and other CMP & Palma rifle gear

It was a sweet shooting rifle that was made to fit me with it stock adustment's that you could do on it

2- would have to be a custom bult PPC revolver that i found in a pawnshop and it was a sweet shooting revolver with lite load's and you could shoot it all day without having any problem with it ..

The gunsmith who set up was a pure madmen of a gunsmith it was bult on a M10 frame and it was tricked out from there

Those would have to be the two i really never wanted to part with but i was thinning down the socalled the safe after moveing and i figure out that i did not need half the rifle's and pistol in the safe and took them to a local gun dealer and he sold them for me .

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Gator: I have one of those Marlin Goose Guns, with a 34" Barrel, in 12 Ga, 3" Mag chamber, Bolt Action, Clip Feed. Got it from my GodFather, when he moved to the RestHome at age 95, along with the rest of his FireArms. I shot it a couple of times when I was a "Young Man" but not recently as I would like to keep my shoulder just like it is. It would "Reach out and Touch" the Geese, in the Fall Fly Away, though, and I keep it for sentimental reasons, the same as I keep the Old Mans Remington Model 10 Browning Auto shotgun. . ... YMMV....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm like you Bruce..when i was a duck/goose hunter..that old Marlin would reach out and touch em'...I passed it on to a younger gentleman...

9. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

This is a 4ga. shotgun.
    ‪4 gauge shotgun‬‏ - YouTube

I have seen an old 2 ga. in a gun shop in Roadstown NJ that they used to use for duck hunting it had a stand that went on the front of the boat and nubs on each side of the barrel to hold it ,don't know how long the barrel was but ya couldn't get me shot it on a bet.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Saw one of those hang'en in the Pioneer Bar & Restaurant in Ketchum, Idaho week before last..... Way Cool.....

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have never sold one. Did swap a 1911 for an M style SKS about ten or so years ago. Just have an aversion to letting one of my babies leave home==LOL.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7