1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

GunsAmerica Article on Relatively New Product

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by NVBeav, Dec 4, 2010.

1. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

"You can empty a 30 round mag on an AR full auto and still put your hand around the barrel" - author on Teludyne Tech Straightjacket.

The Teludyne (TTI) Tech Straightjacket – Extreme Accuracy Makeover

This looks extremey interesting... It called into question some of my thoughts on accurizing a rifle. Well worth the read!!
  2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

It certainly perked my interest.
  3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

i wonder how much extra weight.. did the article say? I didn't see it in there.
  4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Just install a bull barrel and forget the expensive scope. Not impressed.
  5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

A BBL is made from the same metal composition as the entire barrel. This procedure is using a more heat conducting set of metals than the barrel. That's the big difference here. It's not just a BBL. It's a BBL that sinks heat faster keeping the barrel cooler and helps with the irregularities of the barrel becoming more apparent as the barrel heats up.
  6. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

That's what I got from the article too. It appears that it's impossible to make a barrel perfectly concentric and then create a hole perfectly down the middle. Thus, variation in temperature creates a different point of impact -- wider variation typically equals large spread. Therefore, reducing the temperature range of the barrel reduces the point of impact spread.

I thought I read that it added 3 pounds to the rifle.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary