gunsite

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by snowbyrd, Mar 12, 2007.

1. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

just wondering which course (s) at gunsite you would take? figure that cost is no object. no leo courses cuz I ain't a leo. I am not too far from them right now, can hear them shooting........[dunno] snowbyrd

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<H2>I think that you would get more use out of the 250 defensive pistol, but the .223 Carbine sure would be fun!

250 Defensive Pistol

Defensive Pistol is the cornerstone of Gunsite class offerings. This course will teach you to control your immediate environment. You’ll learn marksmanship, gun-handling, and combat mindset, the elements of the Combat Triad. Defensive Pistol will give you five solid days of range work, lectures and intense simulators (including low light). Through our systematic and dynamic methodology you will achieve competence and great new skills. You will emerge a stronger, more alert person, conditioned to respond instantly to any threat. You will be prepared to prevail in an armed encounter.
    “A life changing experience” is the way many students describe this class. You will no longer be “afraid of the dark”, or anything in it.
    Skill at arms is highly perishable and recurrent training is a must for the responsible citizen. Should you ever be involved in a life or death situation, the justice system will first question your training. Many returning students take the "250" class again and again, for just this reason.

Your credentials from the “250” Defensive Pistol class are pre-requisites for many of the other Gunsite class offerings. The whole of the Gunsite curriculum is yours to choose from when you have completed your “250”.
    Cost: $1320
    Duration: 5 days
    Prerequisite: none
    Ammunition: 1,000 rounds of training ammo, 50 rounds of frangible for simulators
    </H2>

223 Carbine

“223” is a five day introduction to the U.S. current issue and other semi-automatic battle carbines in .223, 7.62 x 39, 5.49x39, ). The AR-15 carbine is a light, handy, easy to use battle proven system that has seen service around the world over the last 40 years. It can deliver accurate fire from contact distance out to 300 yards.
    In your carbine class, you will learn the special characteristics of this nearly universal system. You’ll learn manipulation, continuity of fire, use of various sighting systems and flashlight techniques for low light conditions. You’ll learn to quickly acquire the best position for a good hit, and how to clear malfunctions. You’ll learn to get first round hits out to 300 yards, and will hone your new techniques in a variety of indoor and outdoor simulators, in full daylight and low light/no light environments. Your “223” class will give you the general skills to defend yourself or do your duty.
    This class is also offered as a 3 day offsite in Indiana. Cost for the offsite class is $450.
    Cost: $1320
    Duration: 5 days
    Prerequisite: No prerequisite (“250” advised)

Ammunition: 1,200 rounds – 100 rounds pistol
    Limited to 5.56 x 45mm (no M855 ammo allowed

3. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I like both of EL's choices.

4. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Snowbyrd

A friend of mine took the Defensive Pistol first and learned some things from it. He is a helluva shot and has been thru alot of other training and gave it a huge thumbs up. He then went back and took other courses from them. I have no idea which ones he took but I know he's been there four or five other times.
    He said that the Pistol course was great and thought everyone that was thinking of carrying or owning a pistol should go to it. Maybe someday I'll get to it.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7