H.R. 748 "Mandatory National Service"

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

H.R. 748 would require all persons in the US 18-25 to perform 'national service' - Wilmington Civil Rights | Examiner.com

"
    “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded,”Obama said as a candidate in 2008.
    H.R. 748 would require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform “national service”. These persons in the United States would either serve the country as a member of uniformed services or as civilian service. The civilian service could be served with a Federal, State, or local government program. The local government programs include community-based organizations. H.R. 748 would “authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to provide for the registration of women under the Military Selective Service Act, and for other purposes”
    "
    Guess who these kids are gonna be trained to fight?
    Vets, Libertarians, preppers, gun owners, conspiracy theorists and other "domestic terrorists".
    Also goes a long way to conditioning people that they MUST SERVE THE GOVERNMENT.
    Ya...know your enemy.
    G

2. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Who is going to pay all these kids! Even if you only pay them minimum wage the bill to the tax payers will be humongous.

Most will not serve in the military, so the rest will be getting paid to do what volunteers are doing now for free.

3. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

It is not a problem of running out of money, Bloomberg said it and we all should accept it. We can print all we need to pay these kids and then get them to hold true on their student loan payments. We print money to pay them. They pay us back some of it, then we do the same thing the next month. In doing this, we bloat our government payrolls and then we creat a nation of nipple suckers. In a generation we can wipe out capitalism and pretend we are china and build cities where no ne lives just to look good to the world.

4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

An of course with the Mandatory Service, comes the Mandatory Brainwashing

5. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I well remember the draft. Quite frankly, getting rid of it did away with a lot of low cost talent and reduced the supply of those that know what an oath is, even if they don't keep it. (Brainwashing works both ways --)

7. STANGF150

Ghrit, I don't mean Military BrainWashing, thats just part of trying to make them grow the hell up. I mean Political Brainwashing!!!

8. ghrit

I know, but the idea of the draft does have appeal. There's the good, the bad, and the ugly that goes with mil and pol. Pol is mostly the ugly. That said, growing up military style might just ween them from the dependency that the ugly side engenders.

Yard Dart, tulianr and tacmotusn like this.
  9. STANGF150

Oh I figured out YEARS ago they oughta have reinstated the Draft. Mandatory, no exemptions and no Civil Service. Might make these lil punks & hoochies grow up a lil & pop their mama's nipple out their mouth & take responsibility for themselves. I'm only 36 going on 37 but I was raised the old fashioned way. Is why I'm different from those my same age.

sgt peppersass, tacmotusn and oldawg like this.
  10. ghrit

What it boils down to for me is a draft. Call it National Service or any other name that smells as sweet, we need one. How successful it might be in raising citizens vs. indoctrinating sheep, well, we can't tell from here. If zero's boyz set it up, we are done for, there won't be a sheepdog left alive after two generations.

HK_User and ditch witch like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have always thought that the Israel model of mandatory service was good. Due to their small country, most have learned how to fight for their country. But this proposal does bother me because of the points made above. The brainwashing, yes it is brain washing would be tremendous. I have notice that public school is stomping down on children using their imagination. The school had my child just read The Giver. I feel like these times are ahead.

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Except those that go into the Military.... They will ALWAYS turn out to be sheepdogs... Especially Marines... Once a JarHead, Always a JarHead.....

The Notable Exception is John Kerry... Once a Pussy, Always a Pussy..... applies to him...

sgt peppersass and tulianr like this.
  13. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

My nephew wants to go Ito the marines. He is an avowed communist. Viva la Revilutuion type. , I have sent home books and article, but it is about fairness and equality in an unequal world. I am nervous that he will be trained to fight. I fear one day he will be on the other side.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Clyde, if he does, and espouses his brand of Politics, he will either be discharged for being an unsuitable Recruit, OR if he makes it thru Boot Camp, have serious issue when going thru Advanced Training. Boot Camp, pretty much figures out those types, especially if the are vocal, and weeds them out. Drill Sargents are looking for such folks.

15. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Reminds me of Starship Troopers, both the book and the movie, although more the movie.

16. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

Why do you think they are allowing women for combat. Now they can draft both good little boys and girls into der SS or gestapo. Ve r vatching u comrade.

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Actually i think they ask you on the security clearance form if you are a communist. So, he might just get himself weeded out. Hopefully.

18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

The patriotic ones will go in the military and learn combat skills, the others will go the civilian route and learn to make people feel good. Applying the law of unintended consequences its making the sheep more sheep like and creating sheepdogs from pups on our side.

19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

On the other hand, he might just learn something. Give him the chance to grow up.

20. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Back to the OP...it the "and for other purposes" that I really dislike. No limitations at all...just "we are drafting you to do ______."

The warm fuzzy I get from that short phrase is quite similar to recoil....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7