Hackers could attack through your wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Technical' started by kckndrgn, Feb 24, 2016.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hackers could ‘mousejack’ your computer

From the article:

2. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Read an article about this, this is messed up.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I prefer old school tethered technology.....inconvenient at times, but it does relieve my techno paranoia somewhat.

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

With the range of my mouse or keyboard; the attacker would need to get close. Airports, urban areas etc. are more at more risk than us country folks...

5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I don't use wireless mouse, I know people who use them and they seem to be too much of a hassle to me.

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have one, and I keep it close. (Both because the range is short, and the wireless cat keeps trying to eat it.):eek:

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

kellory likes this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If I'm using the mouse the computer is on in front of me.
    The computer is off if I'm not using it.

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Around here, anyone using this Hack, on my Systems, They would be within Pistol Range, and out in the Open....

10. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I have two computers in my home. This one has a wireless mouse. I use it for my general browsing, posting on forums and such, and general "stuff".

For anything that needs to be secure, I use the other computer. Otherwise, it is not running, much less online. And, everything, including its connection to my modem, is wired. By comparison, this machine is on 100 times more than the other. Best wishes to anyone who wants to hack into it. They wouldn't get much more than a bunch of YouTube videos on my history list (for those interested in solar, rainwater harvesting, aquaponics systems, or old western movies), and maybe a few dirty (adult) cartoons here and there. :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7