Hair washing question

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by hot diggity, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

My Wife also !! And you Would NOT believe where I find the stray hair Noose around , All the time . I need a tree camera to make sure she's not tying it while I'm asleep !! ;)

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

we all shed hair but when you have long hair its more noticable.... lol

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Try long blue hair... no fobbing that off on some one else LOL

Ganado likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Inquiring minds want to know how you are doing @hot diggity. You are on day 4.

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I went to the barber today, and for the first time in 38 years I got a trim. My hair feels so good that I've decided to keep it longer than USMC regulation. It looks so good in the morning that I hate to even rinse it. It seems to get fuller and easier to keep in place when it hasn't even been rinsed for a day. Perfect for me, since my hair care usually consists of running fingers through my hair to get it back into place when the sea breeze blows it around. No scalp issues, and I'm really happy that I have found one more thing I can do without in my life. Shampoo.

This is sustainable hair care.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

@Ganado
    Wife is set to have hair cut off tomorrow .
    She grows it for donation / for wigs for only the ones who need them .2 feet plus .
    This is her many times .

So I get a new woman / ;) but no more !!!! DON'T Pull !! It cuts !! OUCH !!!!!!!!!

Sloth & Ms Quick

7. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

Speaking from very recent experience..... you can go without shampooing for a long long time. We collect rain water for use in our cabin. It is a lot easier than hauling from the creek. Our water source turned to snow and icicles for the last few weeks. We go into water conservation mode when that happens. I cooked Thanksgiving for our inlet neighborhood, took a (brief) shower and still didn’t use that much water. It is a mind set. But this was about shampoo use, so, once you experience using rain water on your hair, you won’t like anything else! No shampoo or conditioner needed!

8. Cruisin Sloth

Wife has 4 "pony tails" of her hair cut , in a bag to be sent .. for a wig in need ..
    I know a 40 YO woman who is in treatment , No hair & she says NOwheres !!
    Bomb shell , beautiful husband & kid ..

Lets Hope this new Mary Jane is the fix .
    I don't know enough or can remember what i heard today ..but the folks in remission let me know 100%+

Sloth

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. hot diggity

Almost a month now with no shampoo, and my hair looks and feels great. I had only one concern. Since 90% of my wardrobe is black, I was seeing more dandruff. Maybe I just noticed it more.

The good news is that I have fixed that too. A little lemon juice massage on the scalp during the morning hair rinse, and the fakes are gone. Something about acidity and PH balance. I'm just pleased that it worked, and worked from the first application.

Call it lemon head if you like, but it works for me.

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

just brush your scalp more ... dandruff is (unless you have a fungus) just dead skin that is flaking off. the key to no wash long hair is brush brush, brush, brush

you can use cornstarch or arrowroot to dry the oil on your scalp, just brush in the cornstarch and brush it thru your hair....

baking soda is ok in an emergency but long term its the wrong ph balance to keep your hair healthy.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  11. hot diggity

Cornstarch I have in my stash. I've never cooked with it, but use it and grits to fire form rifle cases. When fired, it smells like what it is...burnt breakfast.

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Did you use this lemon rinse every day or a few times a week? I was told that lemon dried out the hair and also lightens it.

13. hot diggity

I don't think there's any lightening, other than the white hair that seems to be taking over from the brown. I do the lemon juice routine every morning. I buy the bulk bottles of lemon juice and refill my favorite little bottle with a flip open cap. No flakes, wonderfully soft hair, longest it's been in almost 20 years and still entirely manageable. Not like the straw it used to feel like with daily shampoo.

1. Ganado
  2. oldman11
  3. Big Ron
  4. Motomom34
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. Motomom34
  8. TinyWildThing
  9. BlackhawkFan
  10. 3M-TA3
  11. 3M-TA3