Haiti, A Historical Perspective.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tacmotusn, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The last time I was in Haiti, there was a coup going on, blue-hats were all over the place and dead bodies lay in the streets sometimes for three of four days without anyone removing them. There are some really rich folks there, both Hatians and other nationalities, Canadian's come to mind first. Some of ya'll may remember my posts while I was there. It suck. We didn't make it suck. It would still suck if you gave every person there a million dollars and painted the place pink.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Then it would be Key West. Was there (KW) in the late 60s. Awful place.

3. kevin

kevin Monkey+

I couldn't agree more.. I don't think there are anymore 'rich folks' there anymore though. After the Aristide mess, anyone of means got out. I do think that if folks are willing to go there and try to help a couple of folks in a crisis, it's just the right thing to do. Moving our military in there and trying to bring order and sense to that place is just as bad an idea now as the last few times we went in. It's sad, but I'm afraid there is no fixing Haiti.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I couldn't agree more. Money is tight for most of America at this point in time. To get the most out of any donations given to "charity" there are better choices as to where to spread it so you can really accomplish something.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7