Handgun Training- 25-Trigger-Pulls

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]
    25 Trigger Pulls to Become a Better Shooter (Handgun Training)

Personal security relies on you knowing how to use your tools well.

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Make sure, as was reiterated several times, that your practice is correct. You'll shoot as you practiced...

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Nice advice. It doesn't take long (tried it before I replied), you can do it in your living room, and it's FREE. Practice makes perfect.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Ive alwase bin told a dry fire is the best way to ruin a gun. Any one have input on that? I need to look for more of tjese tips i did verry poorly at the range today :(

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Not necessarily, it's pretty gun specific. 22s are notorious for damage from the firing pin hitting the recess where the rim of the cartridge goes. (That's what it is supposed to do.) Others are far less susceptible to damage, but again, there are differences in construction that make a difference. The way around it is to have snap caps or dummy rounds for every caliber you want to practice on. In the case of 22s, I use an expended cartridge in place of a live round. For the trap gun, I bought the snap caps. MAKE SURE YOU GRAB THE RIGHT DUMMY, OR A SURPRISE COULD RESULT!! I paint my dummys.

tedrow42 likes this.
  6. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Arguably, rimfire. Because without the rim of the rimfire cartridge for the firing pin to strike the firing pin could be damaged.

Personally, I use snap caps and/or dummy cartridges in both center fire and rimfire arms just to be safe.

7. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Oddly enough i seen those today and wondered what they where for lol

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Rimfire, Maybe, Yes.... Centerfire, My Opinion, No.....

9. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I will start doing that but i really need to get to the range more. Sometimes there are things that have to be done and they cost, thats life.

1. Garand69
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Motomom34
  6. Matei
  7. Matei
  8. Ganado
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. Coyote Ridge
  12. Bishop