Hanzo!!! Kilauea's Erupting (discussion thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SB21, May 4, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'll see if I can explain this the way I remeber seeing it on a Utube video. And maybe someone can throw a little more thought to it. The vid started by saying all these sinkholes , Mile long cracks in the earths crust that just seem to pop open , those massive sinkholes in the swamps of Louisiana swallowing acres of trees , and draining thousands of gallons of water a minute into the earth,,, on that note, can someone tell me where all of that stuff is going , and is it still happening ?? Well , here goes. With fracking , oil deposits removed , natural gas being removed , etc, etc. Now , the earth was once a solid mass from shore to shore right down thru the center of the earth. With all of the stuff we've removed from the earth , it's left voids in the earth. So the earth constantly spins as it rotates the sun. And the earth has always spun in a perfect round shape. But as these voids in the earth has formed , now when the earth spins , with the gravitational pull , the earth is being pulled as it spins , and this pulling and the voids is causing the earth to spin in an oblong shape , similar to an egg. Does this sound possible ? If so , does it not sound like , sooner or later , with enough voids , our earth could just bust like an egg , and no more earth !!

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No, the whole process of fracking involves pumping chemicals and water deep in the ground to force open fracture points. When you introduce water to magma, it erupts violently. They're not creating voids, they are pumping in harmful liquids to retrieve oil and gas and the weak points created cause a destabilization which often leads to tremors and quakes, which is the movement of plates. The entire crust/mantle is under tension, the planet is much like a living being in this regard. If humans create a few hundred thousand holes here and there, trust me -the Earth is going to react and the space will eventually be taken up by something.

From my understanding of sinkholes and volcanic tunnels/tubules, is sinkholes form when there's a weak spot, usually composed of sedimentary rocks which wear away due to erosion, or there's a natural pocket underneath the crust which gives way after water seeps into it and is heated from geothermal processes, creating steam, thus hastening the collapse. Volcanic tunnels are more simple, being a channel for the magma to flow and the surrounding material is more dense and has cooled. These can become active again in more volatile regions since they are still linked to a system linked to a "hotspot", which is a weak point (or pressure point) in the Earth's mantle.
    The gravitational forces are too great to be sensed easily, but the planet is far more vast than you give credit. Everything is being pulled inward due to gravity, and this force is only a part of the perceived centrifugal forces you speak of. In fact, I do believe it actually lends itself to the process if I'm not mistaken. I think I can give you an idea of what I am referring to. In ballistics, one element to the Coriolis force is how a bullets trajectory, to be more precise, its impact point, changes by up to a few inches or more at 1,000 yards. This effect is even greater nearer to the equator. If you were shooting toward the East in the Northern Hemisphere, because your bullet is turning to the right, it would impact further to the right. But, think about that for a moment. The 'void' areas you speak of are not going to compress due to the rotation of the planet because they are not under compression due to rotation and the whole surface of the Earth (in relation to its rotation) is under the same pressure, which is that of relative gravity. The only exception would be energy stored within the plates, but that's all plate tectonics and there's no certainty involved with assuming the sinkhole in question will even be affected because it may be surrounded by sub-plates or mountain ranges, a massive field of granite, etc. The planet isn't like a balloon, where it deflates if a hole is punched into it, in this argument it would function more like a foam ball with moving pieces of foam inside. You can poke a hole in it and nothing changes, unless you were to poke a hole all the way to the core, and that would be fun...impossible, but fun. Then we would have a foam ball with moving pieces of foam inside and a super hot liquid foam super jet.

Dunerunner, SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Very informative, thank you for the added information .

4. Brokor

I'm really more like a really smart special needs kid than "informative", but you're quite welcome!

SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Oh good grief... :rolleyes: :LOL:

So smart kid @Brokor Do you think the HI volcano, the Oregon off shore quakes and the Grand Teton Crack are related?

6. Brokor

Of course, they are all on the same planet.

Cookie, please.

oldawg, SB21, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Lol,,,and I'm just the special needs kid,,,,

Motomom34 and Brokor like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7