Hapless Idiot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=headlineblack style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px">Sweet Revenge, Hapless Idiot Style</TD></TR><TR><TD class=storytext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px">Tuesday, August 15, 2006
    <TABLE id=nointelliTXT cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=262 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Sweet revenge never tasted so much like ... jail time.
    I don't know about you, but if some wimpy guy in a homemade mask showed up on my porch trying to kick the door down clutching a BB gun in his sock-mittened hands, my first inclination would be to give him a Tootsie Pop, congratulate him on his creative costume and send him on his merry way.
    Unfortunately for bumbling burglar Stephen Weidman of Palmetto, Fla., the men he mistakenly selected for a home-invasion stick-up seem to have been fresh out of candy … but they had a big old can of butt-whoopin' at the ready.
    Looking to get back at his nemesis for an earlier robbery, Weidman went and bought himself a stocking cap at Sports Authority, cut a few holes in it so it would look like a ski mask, put some socks on his hands, grabbed his BB gun and set out for revenge, but his plans were thwarted when he mistakenly targeted the wrong house, The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports.
    According to police reports, when Weidman arrived at the house, he tried to kick the door in but couldn't.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430><TBODY><TR><TD class=adHead></TD></TR><TR><TD><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>adsonar_pid=150759;adsonar_ps=405668;adsonar_zw=440;adsonar_zh=120;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="/js/adsonar.js"></SCRIPT><FORM id=qas_frm style="DISPLAY: none; MARGIN: 0px" name=qas_frm action="" method=get target=""></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Thinking he was an after-dark visitor, the men answered the door.
    When Weidman rushed in brandishing a BB gun in his socked mitts, the burly burgled easily overtook him and pinned him down until cops arrived.
    "He's lucky I didn't kill him," one of the men in the house, David Evans, said.
    After complaining to police that the would-be victims had "just kicked his [butt]," Weidman apologized for the mix-up. He was taken into jail anyway.
    "The guy apologized and all that — he kept saying he went to the wrong house," Evans said.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Was this the guy?
    1badass8zz3jn (Medium).JPG

3. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Holy crap that picture is funny. Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley. :D

As for the idiot burgular, that is an election to Dumbest Crooks if I ever saw one. It ranks right up there with anyone trying to rob any restaurant where the majority of patrons are cops.

Is this Darwin Award material? :D

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My bad, it was a wimpy guy. Maybe this is the intruder.
    000722g1 (Medium).JPG

5. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That looks like Crisco man?

6. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

This may be a record, I've never seen a thread degenerate this far, this fast.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7