Happy and Sad today at the same time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

My Daughter Shelby turns 13 today.
    I am loosing my baby; she is growing way too fast.

Today I’m happy and sad; I don’t want her to grow up.
    She is a great kid no troubles at all, She is on the Honor roll, she is playing basket ball the tallest member on her team and she loves to play Basket Ball.

And now it hits me full force today, she is going to grow up and become a wonderful woman some day no matter what.

I’m taking my baby out to dinner tonight one last time, and then from this day on I will be taking out my teenager to dinner in the future.
    I’m really going to miss her being a pre teen.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cry:

Way deep down, always and forever...
    she'll be daddy's little girl.

:D

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Buddy, I understand completely. My oldest daughter turned 13 this past summer. I could see and feel her growing up. Although we have always been close, the friends and boys are becoming a little more of a priority than they had been, and we haven't been spending as much time together as I would want. One of the reasons why I bought us both fourwheelers is so that we could spend more time together outdoors doing something we both love to do. It really hit me though night before last. My bonny Bonnie came home from USA volleyball practice with her uniform. Not a little kids uniform, but a grown up young ladies volleyball uniform. She looks like a young woman, not the kid she used to be. I may have to go buy another backhoe, I feel there is going to be lots of bodies to bury.................................................. ;) :mad:

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Rest assured Quig that what you have spent the past 12 years building will not go away, it will merely change a little. You'll continue to enjoy doing the same things together as you always have. You will still be her hero, her mentor, and her rock. When you look at her, you will have not only the pleasure of your memories of the young child, but also the joy of the vision of the young woman. As she grows, so will your relationship beyond what you can ever imagine. As you have taken care of her, someday so she shall take care of you. It is a wonderous relationship between a good father and the daughter who loves him. Try not to be sad but excited by the promise of the future.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just set up a pig pin. Harder for them to come back after being digested than burried and you get the bonus of the pigs gaining weight so they put more meat in the freezer! lol j/k [peep]

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Like I tell my wife at these milestones that are sometimes sad, they will have more milestones to come. We have good kids and think of what you will be watching in the years to come.

Wife was so upset at Graduation day for my son, ow she loves to go to Football games to watch him perform. It's bittersweet, I know, and the 'teen' years can be trying without a Dad like you.

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

My son will be 13 this year, my baby girl is 11 and already 5' 2". They grow up too fast.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"A son is a son 'till he takes a wife -
    "A daughters a daughter for all of your life."

Quig ,they grow up, but they don't forget. You won't lose her, and you will have memorys to share for a long time.

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Oh Quigs...I know the feeling...I remember my daughters 13th birthday...She and I lived alone in a 1000 sq foot apt downtown...
    She had 5 girls over to spend the night...and all 7 of us crowded in that bathroom while she shaved her legs for the first time....and talked and laughed....

and then toasted with non alcoholic Champagne....

She and I have always had a special relationship...perhaps because we did live alone....and also because I let her know through my words and actions, that there was nothing, NOTHING she could not talk to me about....she will be 21 next month and I will be the one falling apart then....

But her daddy? There is a special place in little girls hearts for their fathers...Mine is 82 and I am 51 and he still calls me "punk kid" and tells me what to do....

I tried to write him all he means to me ...and the time before last when I went to his house? He had it framed , matted, and hanging in his dining room....Said it meant more to him than his medals from his time in the Service, or anything....

My Laura..she still calls her father "Daddy" and he is a really good father...They have a relationship she and I will never have...and that is ok...Better than ok...I am so happy they have that bond....She knows, just am I am sure your daughter knows , that her dad will always, always, be there for her...and take care of her if need be.....

Be proud of her...the next few years may be a bit rocky...but rest assured....Daddies are always in little girls hearts......

You'll get through this feeling..and enjoy the wonderful woman she will turn out to be...

10. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

She'll always have you as a father Quig and that's something that nobody will ever take away.

Yes she's growing up fast. And at times it may seem too fast. But she'll never forget you throughout her life and she'll always come back to want to talk to you.

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I can't have kids, but if I could I wouldn't want them to ever be older than 10. Of course...my future son would look kinda funny with a beard and only being 3' 9". :shock:

Nothin' but [respect] for the parents in this room.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thanks Brokor.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words I’m also sure you all are very right about this.
    It’s just hard to watch her grow up sometimes. And hard to let her do the things that teens will want to do.

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It sucks that they want to grow up.........

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7