Happy Founder's Day, Melbo!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracy, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

In this, the season of giving thanks, I think it’s most appropriate to thank the man who provides a home for all of us to gather and share information with each other. The man who made Survival Monkey a reality.

For some Survival Monkey members; it’s been years, for others; just days. Yet each of us share a common bond, the preparedness and survival mindset. With every visit, there’s something new to be learned, a new perspective on an old challenge.

It’s the members that keep the information flowing, but that ability is all thanks to the site’s amazing founder who keeps the door open, the lights on, and the welcome mat clean for all of us.

So, it is in this spirit of Thanks-for-Giving, that today we honor Melbo, the founder and creator of Survival Monkey.

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

[applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud][applaud]
    Thank you, melbo! [shiz]

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I support what Tracy says

The site is well organised and cared for, by all the founders and Melbo in particular. I have visited many sites of the prepper / survival genre, but have chosen to make this one my preferred home.

May the site prosper, and the members with it.

Cheers from Chello

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thank you, melbo...for pioneering and giving us a safe harbor, and home here....

You rock, my friend....:) :)

[​IMG]

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Indeed! Thank you Melbo!

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well said Tracy.

Because of you melbo, and your vision, we have learned skills, been inspired to pursue our goal to be prepared, have been inspired to revisit history and beliefs of faith, have developed deep friendships worldwide, and, as other have said, found a place to call home in the digital world.

You have truly accomplished a great deal with our ever growing community and you have my sincere thanks.

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Ditto.... what they said...

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You guys are making him blush. Redder is better. Good idea, melbo, and well executed.

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thanks all.

I really enjoy all of you and your thoughts, advice, insights, and criticisms. We truly have a forum that is a cut above the rest. I know we will all strive to keep it this way during changes and the growth we are experiencing.

I try to keep things moving in a positive direction but really all I do is keep the lights on and the server serving. It's our members who set the tone and create the discussions. A nod to those who conspired to find a way to honor my 'day' without calling it my *****day in respect for my faltering but still alive quest for privacy. ;)

It's been a great five years and I'm excited to see the burst of new activity lately!

Thank you.

10. Joseph Thomas

Joseph Thomas Monkey+

I'm new and don't feel right commenting on this. But THANKS. Good site and good people. My hat is off to Melbo and all the founders.

11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hard to believe it has been over 5 years since you first put out the welcome mat. A lot of changes in our private and public lives. Been a heck of a ride so far, can't wait to see what the next 5 yrs bring.[applaud]

12. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Proud and Honored to call you "Friend"... Thanks

13. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Ditto on the thanks, melbo. Really do appreciate you providing this home on the web for the rest of us.

Byte

14. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Can't say it enough, thanks for the site Melbo. I know it's hard work in the background and it's much appreciated!

15. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

My thanks also!
    GB
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. sunshine

sunshine Monkey+

Thanks Melbo for a great site, your encouragement & info that you have given.(y)

17. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I've been on many sites but this is the only one I've stayed on. Thanks for hosting it Melbo. [applaud][applaud][applaud][beer][respect][respect][respect][winkthumb]

BWM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7